Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a new computer for christmas. Its a macintosh...
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/194/wo/9DzzW14WLsbrrgaTVz/1.3.0.3.27.21.1.1.19.3.1.1.0?28,18

Comes w/
Summary
• 256MB SDRAM - 1 DIMM
• Keyboard/Mac OS X - U.S. English
• 40GB Ultra ATA drive
• DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo
• NVIDIA GeForce2 MX w/32MB DDR graphics
• Mac OS X & Mac OS 9 installed
• Apple Keyboard
• Apple Pro Mouse
• Apple Pro Speakers

What kinda printer you all think i should get?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my sisters boyfriend who is real good with computers says the windows code is only 85% correct, and that if i get a new one i should get an i-mac

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Linux is an operating system. Its made so you can change anything about it you want. Its based on unix/minux. Talk to your sisters B/F about it. He can probibly tell you a lot. I don't really feel like typing 3 pages now. lol;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah hes a smart guy, missed only 1 problem on his math SAT, and also I am getting an I-mac cause my sister and her boyfriend said they are better since they dont have windows, and she also has all the software (norton, etc) thats like 800 we dont have to spend, and she already knows all the stuff anyway.... ALSO, anyone want recommend a printer?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have any of you used the combo brand new imacs? not the old 800 one, but the ones well over 1000 ?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah now I am getting an emachine, and im getting it when "the price goes down" around christmas time and i dont know why my grandma gets like 3 grand a month and only uses like 1/4 of it... its so gay

·
Registered
11 Posts
personaly i dislike macs but im not gonna say much. If you get one at least get one in the GHz. A lot of these new games are requiring some high speed computers. like Medal of honor recomends 700 MGz and it will be in the GHz soon. I would also upgrade your geforce2 to a 3 or better yet 4. raden also just came out with a new one called the raden 9700 pro. what sound card does it come with? If you got money to spend theres a new sound blaster Audigy2 6.1 out.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You cannot compare a mac and PC processor. A 700MHz on a mac is as fast as some GHz PC

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
them things are over 3 grand, theres one mac thats 5000 dollars and has a dual processor with 1.25GHz

·
Registered
11 Posts
how much are gonna pay for this? If i were you i would build myself a pc with like a 2.4 in it. and thats not even 2 grand

1 - 20 of 31 Posts