Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm saving up for the RAP4 I've always wanted and loved, adn some other scenario gear.

RAP4 Versian 4
7 Magazines
Tac Vest that holds 6 mags (Blackhawk?)
MARPAT cammies (Real deal, not immitation)
New boots

I estimate it all around 900 bucks. I know for a fact that its all goign to cost less becuase I can get a major deal on the first two on my list.

I would love to get an M16A1 rap, and thenI'd probably just get OD utilities and use my current LC-2.. That would be the ultimate vietman scenario outfit.. I've alreayd got jungle boots that would go well.

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
Oscarine said:
Usually if a RAP4-5 sells on Ebay it sells pretty low, apparantly either most people don't know what they are looking at, or they don't retain value very well.

^ ^ ^ Exactly most of them think it is an overpriced airsoft gun

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you are going for the vietnam-era look then overlook the MARPAT, seriously, especially since you are not a Marine yet. (if you come across a real devil dog in the paintball field and you are wearing MARPAT, well, let's just say you been forewarned)
Look for tigerstriped BDU's if you can still find it.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mike556 said:
If you are going for the vietnam-era look then overlook the MARPAT, seriously, especially since you are not a Marine yet. (if you come across a real devil dog in the paintball field and you are wearing MARPAT, well, let's just say you been forewarned)
Look for tigerstriped BDU's if you can still find it.
I want some MARPAT, its the best camouflage out. I can get it straight from a Marine buddy of mine. I can see why wearing patches and dress uniforms around and claiming to be a Marine, but I am just a humble paintballer.

You must've misread my post, I would like to go with the vietman look, but they don't make an M16A1 upper for RAp's, just the M4, SR-16, and M16A2.

I can get a RAP package even cheaper then the ones that go on ebay for $450. I've gotten a couple quotes from two different RAP4 dealers who offer me any RAP equipment at a discounted price.

And bulldog, do you know what a RAP is? Find me one on pbn. ITs not some sleezy A5 with a bunch of plastic on it. RAP markers are full scale, full action (meaning they eject a plastic or brass shell every shot, have no visible CO2 tank, and use magazines, not hoppers).

I'm not sure if I want to start saving for a real rifle. For 900 bucks I could pick up an M1... I can't own one now in Massachusetts, but I could give the money to my dad and have him buy it for me and keep it in NH.

However the next paintball marker I buy is a RAP.

O

·
0 Posts
Alpha said:
And bulldog, do you know what a RAP is? Find me one on pbn. ITs not some sleezy A5 with a bunch of plastic on it. RAP markers are full scale, full action (meaning they eject a plastic or brass shell every shot, have no visible CO2 tank, and use magazines, not hoppers).
Yes, I do know what a RAP is Alpha. I've seen them in real life. I've shot one. I also have read up their website. The pbn bst was just a suggestion..there's tons and tons of guns. Just a suggestion...calm down Super Sargeant.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PBN is mostly dominated by speedball gear. the very few scenario markers you'll find on there are not RAP's. ITs a safe bet for me to say that tehres only 4 or 5 RAPs on PBN, and they're probably not for trade anymore.

I can get a RAP4LE for like 400 bucks.. Theres a few independedt dealers on another forum who can hook me up

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thi sis postponed until I save up a K, then I'm bankign the money for my 1911 when I turn 18. Then I'm probably going to need a car. So this is on hold for now, but in a few months I'm going to get a steady job... So I'll have an income.

O

·
0 Posts
Man that sucks you have to save up for a gun when you turn 18. When I'm 18 I'm getting my dad's Springfield 03. Mint condition, made in 1918. Then when I turn 21, I get his Usp 45.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In 5 years from now, I can see myself having a small room in my basement.. Locked with a giant padlock of course... And when you step in and turn on teh lights...

M16's tot eh left, AK's to the rights, berettas adn glocks and pistols adn rifles and shotguns...

And a small section dedicated to smithing and Paintball. I want to go into a career of gunsmithing. Maybe a small shop in my own house or something...

But in the Marine Corps, I'm going for MOS 2111... Gotta study up.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HElls no. Moving out of this god forsaken state ASAP. Not sure where I want to move. Somewhere where its quiet, and where the hunt is good. I was thinking of Alaska. I coudl brign speedball to alaska.

O

·
0 Posts
Move to Idaho. I'm getting the hell out of California. I don't know about hunting but there's a lot of cool people in Idaho. When I went there this winter break I saw a lot of shotguns in the back of trucks.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Shoot, gun control in
Cali is easy. How you think everybody gets their glocks? My dads glock got registered even... move to L.A, hunting is life... j/k.

Anyways, about 2-4 months ago my dad gave me his stang. I may have pics up soon if the rain stops(under plastic cover).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts