Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow night im going to buy some new rear speakers for my car. There 6" but my headunit supports to a maximum of 200 watts, would I just make sure each speaker is under 200 watts? Or do they all have to the under 200 watts?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
more than likely your head unit is max of 50x4, or 200 watts total... you can use whatever wattage speakers you'd like as long as they're over 50 watts apiece, i'd suggest some 150- 200 watt speakers

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
your headunit puts out a maximum of 200 watts which means you might get that at certain times when listening to music your RMS or continuious(sp) watts are probably about half that so around 25-30 watts so find you a set of speakers and ask the sales person what the rms rating of the speaker is and find some that are close to what your head unit is putting out and you will be good to go

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i'd say get something with about 75-100 rms, just to have that extra handling power, that way you can crank it like crazy and not have to worry about blowin em or anything unless you really beat the piss out of them. and they'll sound good and put out a little more bass than what a 25-50 rms speaker would, even with the head unit doing about 35ish rms

·
Registered
363 Posts
HuNtS said:
more than likely your head unit is max of 50x4, or 200 watts total... you can use whatever wattage speakers you'd like as long as they're over 50 watts apiece, i'd suggest some 150- 200 watt speakers

To be more into what hunts said........ the higher wattage speakers have better sound quality so go with the 150- 200 watt speakers, the clarity will be alot better...........

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
hahahaha yeah, i was too lazy to expand on it.... either way, if you get a nice set of speakers, even if you're replacing stock ones, you'll be happy, just up the wattage and quality a little bit and you'll notice a huge improvement

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
well your headunit is outputting the wattage, not speakers giving wattage to the deck. your speakers that are 150-200watts wont be at their full potential, btu if you get speakers that are not capable of handling what the headunit can deal out, you will have too much power running to the speakers.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
darkdragon said:
To be more into what hunts said........ the higher wattage speakers have better sound quality so go with the 150- 200 watt speakers, the clarity will be alot better...........
the clarity only comes if you have the power to push the speakers.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
what i am saying is if you dont have enough power to push the speakers properly they wont sound like they should. speakers that have high power capabilities are nice but if you dont have the power to feed em they wont sound as good as they shoud. so what i am saying is get some speakers that are close to what your headunit is puting out and your stuff will sound good :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ya but poor wattage speakers are built less. You lose alot in clarity and sound quality. It is always better to go with a better speaker. I set up alot of car audio systems, you never go with a lesser speaker or something close. Even though the speakers are rated at 500 watts they still handle just like a lower speaker at a lower rate. 50 watts is 50 watts. The speakers loudness still sound the same, the loudness is 50 watts regardless. But the speakers rated to go higher are built with better quality, they last longer, sound better, and are better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts