Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali.

I brought it home last night. Today I put the K40 radar detector in, gave it PIAA bulbs in the low beams and fogs, and put the wheel locks one. Monday I'm putting the front bug shield on it and the K&N is going in.

So far I love it. It isn't as nimble as my old Mazda Tribute (it feels like a bigger truck than it is), but it has plenty of low end torque and feels comfortable and luxurious (kind of like a big Mercedes). It rides pretty nice too with the rear air suspension, it floats over speed bumps.

Before it came home.

Interior.

Gauge cluster.

Built in radar detector (blinking blue light is all you see, nothing on top of dash)

Front with PIAA hyperwhite bulbs.

Side shot.

Front angle.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
(it feels like a bigger truck than it is)
Its a GMC Denali. What did you expect? Even GMs "sports cars" are years and years behind in the handling department. Looks sweet though, thats one SUV I wouldnt mind owning thumup:

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
These trucks are wicked nice. My dad works at a GMC dealer. I have been in them. They are just, siccckkkkk. And because you didnt get the navigation, you should keep your subscription to onstar for turn by turn navigation and diagnostics.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These trucks are wicked nice. My dad works at a GMC dealer. I have been in them. They are just, siccckkkkk. And because you didnt get the navigation, you should keep your subscription to onstar for turn by turn navigation and diagnostics.
I've got Onstar and XM free for the next nine months. After that I'm probably going to put the Eclipse navigation/TV/Ipod interface in it and a JL amp and 12" JL sub. My buddy Robert (who would do the install) pretty much convinced me. He said he would do it for $100 over his cost (which is a bit over $2,000). I was never much for the whole "big sound system" thing, but we tried it out and it did sound pretty good. I'll have to wait until after summer though, right now I'm pretty tapped out. (my bank account is crying big time)

·
TooMuch****inGREENandGREY
1,292 Posts
Even a small sub and amp combo make your sound system sound so much better. Its more of a all around, fuller sound. You'll like it, JL is quality.

Nice truck by the way. I didnt think i would like it in white but I do. I do agree though it is strikingly similar to a newer van.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But, good choice. I notice in the dash cluster shot, the traction controll is off. Having some fun with the new car already?
Haha, yea, just a little. I think I'll leave the traction control on though (most of the time anyway). This thing is almost as bad as the cobra. Too much gas around a corner and the back end can quickly become the front. It's controllable, but a bit scary since it's a lot of weight to be whipping sideways, especially in a top heavy SUV.

It's definitely got balls, even with the tallish 3.42 rear.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
You're going to have to tell me how the K&N filter goes because I've been thinking about buying one for my truck.

And get a different CPU so I know whether I should get one of those... oh, and get headers too.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that's a hot truck, good choice, although i still think i've liked to see a trailblazer ss in them pics a little more ;)

Well, the SS is 395hp, this is 302hp, so I'm not really down that much. I could easily bump the power up to SS level and beyond. Plus this has 2HI/4Lo/4Hi and not just AWD or RWD. That means I don't have to decide between RWD fun and 4x4 (winter) driving; I get both. I also get better gas mileage.

Not really a bad deal.:)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're going to have to tell me how the K&N filter goes because I've been thinking about buying one for my truck.

And get a different CPU so I know whether I should get one of those... oh, and get headers too.
I put the K&N in, I picked up about 1mpg highway. I was looking for other stuff to do, but the truck is too new. None of the aftermarket companies have stuff out for it yet. I want to put a set of headers on it and a nice exhaust, but I've heard it screws up the DoD if it isn't designed for it.

I'll tune it as well once my buddy gets his AWD dyno. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts