Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys I decided to get the VS1. I got it and I shot some rounds and I love this gun. Tommorow Im paintballing at a private field with some friends with there Mechanical gunsrollin: I bought 1500 rounds so I should be good. Friend is letting me borrow air since Im almost out. Pics:

also Is that gap supposed to be that big? It was hard putting in the battery because there is wires in the way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, next up is going to probably be a 14-16" J&J barrel. Im leaving to go paintballing in like 20 minutes with some friends in a private lot. This will be my first real test on the gun.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If I were you I'd make a barrel my third or fourth mod.

1. Clamping feedneck -- reduce the hopper profile and eliminate cheap feedneck adapter.
2. Expansion Chamber or Regulator -- if you plan on sticking with CO2
3. HPA tank -- if you don't plan on sticking with CO2
4. Barrel

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the expansion chamber or regulator needed for? What will happen if I don't get onE?

·
Registered
533 Posts
whats the expansion chamber or regulator needed for? What will happen if I don't get onE?
CO2 is compressed in a liquid-ish state and is volatile. This means that lots of things affect it's behavior and performance. CO2 will exhibit shootdown and spikes in pressure sometimes due to these conditions.

-angle of tank
-temperature
-rate of fire
-lots of things

an expansion chamber usually replaces your front grip with a louvered chamber (that you still use as a front grip) so that the CO2 has more room and time to expand into a complete gas state. This allows for the CO2 to act more like a less volatile propellant... such as high pressure air, which doesn't have this problem.

A regulator/stabilizer is an active valve that holds a certain operating pressure. I'm not the best for explaining this as some of the more technical fol,k around here can you give you the word for word explanation.

I gotta go to work. I hope this helped. :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
He will not be able to buy a regulator for that gun, notice on the reg it uses the same ol spyder stlye reg adapting system(two allenscrews screwed into a donut looking piece for attachment).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts