Empire 68/4500
14" CP Barrel
On/Off ASA

Tool-less clamping feedneck

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I know a lot of people would disagree with me for some of my upgrades on a $150 gun but right now Im still learning how to care for and work on my marker.

Right now my only regret is getting all black.. although it works with my tactical theme, some days I wish I would have changed some colors.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thank you, I know a lot of people would disagree with me for some of my upgrades on a $150 gun but right now Im still learning how to care for and work on my marker.

Right now my only regret is getting all black.. although it works with my tactical theme, some days I wish I would have changed some colors.
No no no, this is perfect. All the upgrades you put into can be transferred onto your next marker so spending extra now will save you in the long run.

D

·
0 Posts
Good to see you finally got around to getting your setup together - not sure if you remember, but we PM'd a few months back.

When are you coming up to Paintball Explosion in Dundee? My buddy and I are on an "Every-other" rotation schedule...and if our new marker purchases are in this weekend...I think we plan to play. If they aren't... I'll have to let you know. Usually Sunday between 10 and 5.

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to see you finally got around to getting your setup together - not sure if you remember, but we PM'd a few months back.

When are you coming up to Paintball Explosion in Dundee? My buddy and I are on an "Every-other" rotation schedule...and if our new marker purchases are in this weekend...I think we plan to play. If they aren't... I'll have to let you know. Usually Sunday between 10 and 5.
I remember, you helped me out quite a bit. Looking back at some of the questions I was asking is almost comical now.

I should be able to make it out to Explosion around July/Aug? It would be sooner but we have a private game scheduled at CPX on June 30th and always looking for more people if you and your friends are interested. Remember its a bunch of noobs with rental equipment, but I trust you not to light us up.

In regards to everyone else, thanks for the feedback, I do understand that most of you are being polite and biting your tongue (Trbo323).. and thats cool, at the end of the day, no matter what I do to it, its still a $150 spyder that was purchased on a tight budget - which is why I got the CP barrel (sale) not to mention is works perfectly with the paint I use (the bore on the stock barrel was huge).

Sure I made some mistakes along the way but Ive learned a lot for when Im ready for something better.

D

·
0 Posts
Infidel said:
at the end of the day, no matter what I do to it, its still a $150 spyder that was purchased on a tight budget - which is why I got the CP barrel (sale) not to mention is works perfectly with the paint I use
Your $150 marker performs the exact same function that a $1500 Matrix will do... sling paint at approx. 280fps to play a long distance game of tag. (thank you Miller...makes it a lot easier to explain what the game is when loading pods and ambushed by the parents of first timers). I've been shot out by an Ego. I've been shot out by a T98 Rental...and probably will continue to be shot out by T98 rentals until Tippmann goes belly-up.

Infidel said:
Sure I made some mistakes along the way but Ive learned a lot for when Im ready for something better.
They're not mistakes - they're ...non-cost effective methods of determining preferences in various aspects of the sport....yeah. We'll go with that. Should see the bottom of my tech bag...actually..you probably shouldn't...haha.

·
Registered
357 Posts
no. its a spyder. can't transfer the barrel. not sure why the feedneck. i guess just for thumb lock convenience.
What? I made a mistake? OH NOES....

I've dishonored my familry, only one way to make it up to them. Die an honorable death

SEPPUKU! Anybody have a katana or tanto I can borrow?

In all seriousness, thanks for the catch.

D

·
0 Posts
There are a few different types of barrel threading currently offered by manufacturers:

Cocker, impulse, 98, A5, spyder, and I think Angel.

There were a lot more a few years back...

But yeah - The Spyder markers traditionally use Spyder threading patterns for their barrels. Because it seems the majority of the industry uses Autococker threading on their markers to make barrels a bit more universal, you're likely looking at only being able to use that barrel on a Spyder marker - which isn't a bad thing.

They do make adapters...the first that comes to mind is the iFit bore kit - but that's $100 to spend on an adapter and a bore kit - to attach to a barrel that may not be better than the barrel on your next marker.

You live, you learn. Most stock barrels are alright - though after seeing the one that Azodin offered and the workmanship put into it - I don't think you made a poor choice (evaluation made based on a long term experience with a single marker in that price range and "marker level").

Oh - but the point - investing more money into a barrel adapter to make this one work - probably isn't the best of ideas, especially if you can get a new, nicer barrel for 25-50% more than your initial investment.

Soo... Get yourself a hand full of pods (2x more than your harness can hold), a harness, optional paint caddy..though I love mine, combination lock, two or three fuzzy sticks, and go play!

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Agreed

investing more money into a barrel adapter to make this one work - probably isn't the best of ideas, especially if you can get a new, nicer barrel for 25-50% more than your initial investment.
This I agree with, but the original statement that its a spyder barrel and wont transfer is just inaccurate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts