Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last night I went to the Strange Days Festival. That featured The Pat Travers Band, The yardbirds, Vanilla Fudge, Steppenwolf, and The Doors of the 21st century. That was cool enough, but the coolest part was to come later on.

So I'm wearing a Door shirt and our seats are really close to the stage. Well while I was listening to the Yardbirds play, somebody touches my shoulder so I turn around to ask the person why they were touching me. As I turn around I see Ray Manzarek right there. I about died. I talked to him for about 10 minutes and it was probably the best thing ever. Then right after the yardbirds played, I got a t-shirt signed by the whole band :eek: Pics will be up soon.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, I talked to Pat Travers and his band :p

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Woah, that's pretty cool. I always like it when you get to talk to bands. Makes them seem so down to earth...although many of the bands I like aren't exactly that popular. It's not that they're not good, just that they don't get enough publicity.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
jacobeid said:
.....get out and listen to music.
QFT

you prolly have heard some of the doors stuff and just not known it

"Come on baby, light my fire"
Think oldies kinda.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Light my fire was the encore...obviously. It was amazing. The new singer (forget his name) was good at acting like Jim Morrison, whether that is good or bad, i don't know.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
b2k4hawtness said:
wow i have never heard of these people
i only heard of the doors and thats it.!
JG. said:
Never heard of anyone you mentioned..
666paintballer said:
same. i heard of the doors like once, other than that, no clue. but i assume you had a good time.
This is the future of America, people...

I'm seriously shocked/stunned. Unless maybe you guys are like super young or have extremely strict Christian parents? Honestly, how can people not know some of the greatest bands ever?

-Jin

·
Registered
343 Posts
Jinjiro said:
This is the future of America, people...

I'm seriously shocked/stunned. Unless maybe you guys are like super young or have extremely strict Christian parents? Honestly, how can people not know some of the greatest bands ever?

-Jin

it seems mtv has totaly brainwashed america's youth.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts