Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i posted in the pump forum, but there isnt that much action there, so, since it is a kingman, i decided to post here. I have a Kingman Hammer from around 1993. It runs off of 12 grams, and The velocity is VERY low. I am guessing about 200-220. I havent checked the exact fps, becuase i only use it on the rare occasion that i go woodsballing. Now I am assuming a spyder spring kit will fit this, but I am really not sure. The gun only has 1 spring, which I think would be called the main spring, not really sure though, it is the shorter, fatter spring. Anyone know if a spyder one would fit?

Thanks,

Zeruel

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
well ur only problem would be if it is not long enough. If it's to long u can always snip it. Give it a try it's only $10.

I'd like to see pics of the thing :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To bad i dont have a digi cam. I love this gun. It rocks except for the fact that the velocity is very low... It has ball on ball accuracy, course with the velocity so low you have to start lobbing them, but other than that i love it :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
If the spring is aprox. the same diameter as the spring for a spyder semi then theoretically you could take a semi spring and cut it down until it is longer than the stock spring (providing more tension=fps), but does not provide too much tension to prevent operation. You shouldn't have any problem getting a spring for it as pretty much any blowback mainspring will work. Just ask around next time your playing, or if there is a proshop that sells used stuff at the field get one there. I'm not familiar with pumps, but it should work.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I'm going to say the FPS is lacking because the spring has been under tension for so long that it has compressed and doesn't have the same force it should have. When I bought a reuild kit for one of my SL-68's I noticed the stock spring it had in it had been used enough that when not compresed it was still about 1/2" shorter than the new one.

If you find a spring of about the same width of the stock one and longer and with maybe slightly more tension, start cutting it down and coiling the cut end flat until it fits and you get the velocity you want. Either look at some spyder springs from a kit or take your spring to a Lowes or some other hardware store and poke around in the odd springs drawers.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
oh man, i almost bought me one of those a while back. so bad ass.

I think they got eh problem nailed with the spring information. I jsut wanna know how you like the m-16 grip over the .45 grip?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thanks for the help guys. And that pretty much looks like mine, but mine is a bit different. That picture makes it look almost like a power feed, but mine is a right feed. Also my grip is a tad bit different. And yes, I find it quite comfortable. And mine has a 12 gram adapter on teh back also. The m-16 grip is comfortable, and I like it maybe a tad bit more than a 45 frame. I think ill try a local ace or other hardware store. Closest proshop is 45 minutes away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts