Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up at 8:30 ish after going to bed at 3, ate some cold pizza and drank some tang. My friends and i were out the door by 9:15 and on our way to Nissan Pavilion.
Got there at 9:30 and had to wait in line to get in. My friend was flippen out because he had "substances" attached to his nuts, he still got in though. So here it goes.......

Arch Enemy - Missed :(

Trivium - Missed :(

The Black Dahlia Murder - I was looking forward to them , but i was kinda let down.

The Haunted- Awsome. they played "all against all" and a hugh pit opened up. good times.

Wicked Wisdom - For all those who dont know, Wicked Wisdom is Will Smith's Wife's band. They were the worst band I think ive ever heard. period. i left to go get a cheese steak after the first song.

Gizmachi - I had no clue who they were prior to the concert, so I didnt know what to expect. Their singer had some talent but over all they werent really my style.

Soilwork - Always been a soilwork fan. They sounded great live. Played Follow the Hollow as well as "As we speak" and a couple others.

Bury Your Dead - I didnt really like them comming into ozzfest, but their set totally changed my mind. They opened with "losin' it", and the crowd just got going after that. and by the time they played "The color of money" a massive pit opend up in which my knee got fubar'd. So much ****ing energy, they were awsome.

It Dies Today - Freak Gasoline Fight Accident. There were two circle pits going on that were really close to eachother, eventually they formed one giant pit that went in a figure 8

A Dozen Furies - Pleasantly supprised. I was just kinda chillen off to the side while they played but they seemd alright. A little after they played i saw them walking around outside so i went up and shook hands with them. They seemed like real cool guys.

Mastodon - They were awsome. Played mostly songs off of Leviathan. Really liked them

As I Lay Dying - Were ****ing amazing. They sounded great live. Played 94 Hours and Memories and all the others.

Killswitch Engage - Ive always liked Killswitch, and they put on a great show. The lead guitarist had on short shorts and a cape, it doesnt get too much more metal than that.

Rob Zombie - Whether you like his music or not you cant deny it, Rob Zombie is a champion. I was kinda bummed that he wasnt decked out in all his make-up and stuff but he still kicked ass.

In Flames - I was dissapointed that they didnt get a longer set, but none the less they were great.

Black Label Society - Ive seen em live twice before so i went and got some food, but as always they was awsome.

Shadows Fall - sounded good, lead singer makes me want dreds

Mudvayne - Lead singer was dressed in a Gorilla suit. Not a mudvayne fan, but they had a cool show

Iron Maiden - AWSOME. During "the trooper" The lead singer came out in a revolutionary era redcoat and was waving the union jack around. It was so cool to see all the old guys who had been waiting years to see their favorte band play once again

Black Sabbath - great as always. sounded good. ozzy is so old.

Well there it is folks. I highly sugguest anyone who likes metal to attend this event, even if you dont like the individual bands i gaurentee you will still have a great time.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I can't go this year. I have an interview at Michigan Tech with the Chemical Engineering Dept. so I sold my ticket. I'm pissed that I have to miss Iron Maiden. Oh well, I guess I can give up Ozzfest this year for a possible scholorship. But still, IRON F***ING MAIDEN!!! I better get another chance to see Maiden sometime soon.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
E-99 king said:
I can't go this year. I have an interview at Michigan Tech with the Chemical Engineering Dept. so I sold my ticket. I'm pissed that I have to miss Iron Maiden. Oh well, I guess I can give up Ozzfest this year for a possible scholorship. But still, IRON F***ING MAIDEN!!! I better get another chance to see Maiden sometime soon.
I'm in the same boat, minus the interview. I can't go anymore. I'm going to rip someone's trachea out and beat them with it if I can't see Maiden sometime.

·
slacking with the bashing
491 Posts
Hi, I'm a poopdick. But at least I ain't the poop HOLE that's gettin poopdicked!

ANYWAY... I'd never go to ozzfest. Let's see if the mods take away my opinion by changing it into something equally as "horrible" as my opinion on crappy music.......

·
slacking with the bashing
491 Posts
E-99 king said:
Tech? I live right by there. I didnt think anybody knew that anybody lived up here!

·
Registered
895 Posts
deejuks2 said:
Tech? I live right by there. I didnt think anybody knew that anybody lived up here!
I don't live up there, I'm about 10 hours away. I live in Canton (About 20 minutes SW of Detroit). If everything works out, I'll be going to Michigan Tech in the fall of 2006.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts