Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 07 PMR and the bolt broke into two pieces some how, Has this happened to anyone? I have no clue what caused it, the only thing I did was adjust the pressure on the reg. Is it possible I went to high on accident, at one point it chrone'd at almost 400 fps..opps. could it also be I reinstalled it wrong after lubing? the break is on the actual bolt just to the right of the bolt sleeve where the skinny part of the bolt meets the fat part that goes through the bolt sleeve.
How is Proto customer service? I also own some tippmanns and if this happened to one of them I would just send it in and Tippmann would fix it for free, How does Proto compare? Will they send me a new bolt if I call them?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What causes it? It's good to hear Dye has good customer service at least, I thought I was going to have to spend $60 on a new one.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I have never heard of a DYE bolt breaking in two. I have seen the orange nano bolt for the dm4 snap but that was the users error, he has broken way too many bolts. It could have simply been a milling problem on the bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts