Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought 3 packs of d skin because my case is a pain in the ass to get cd's from so I put them in the passenger seat for easy access or just set them in the back and have someone pass me a cd. Well, I got tired of cd's getting scratched even when in the case or even when I'd leave them in the cd player. Well, I decided to get some and test them out.

As soon as I put them on a cd it refused to play. I popped it out, user error, wasn't snapped on all the way, popped it on all the way, played no problem.

For someone like me who has problems like this, I reccomend picking these up. Because leaving them in the visor or sitting somewhere they get scratched easy.

For someone who just leaves them in their case and has no troubles with cd's, these would be helpful, but not totally reccomended.

Also, i've been told that if u use music match or i tunes to modify songs *louder, more bass, treble...etc* that it causes them to scratch easier or if u play them louder that it also scratches them easier. I'm not sure if it's true but these are very helpful.

9/10 *-1 because if I took care of cd's they wouldn't scratch so easily, but after a few months of swapping to case to case to portable to car they tend to get scratched.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Finally, a thread from xxxfirexxx that hasnt made me hover over my toilet with my fingers down my throat.

I've thought about getting thiese, but then thought, "I'll just burn another one for 30 cents"

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if it will get stuck, but i'm gonna eject it every now and then to make sure it's snapped on all the way. it's like 5 bux for 5 which is kind of a rip off but i mean if you actually go out and buy a cd or have one that is special i guess this could be a good idea.

·
1,751 Posts
it doesnt effect it at all....the info on the cd is read..and then amplified by the stereo itself...volume has nothing to do with the cd.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Gabriot said:
They need to put these one rental dvd's cause they are always scratched to hell and freeze at certain points.
Thats why if I ever (rarely) decide to rent a movie, I get VHS. Theres been maybe two times I was able to get through an entire DVD without any skipping. Besides, I never watch the bonus material anyhow.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts

I think I should get some just because it says "Righteous" on the package

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
thats a waste of money.. just get a cd book or cd case and not be a retard and scratch them... or better yet.. get a cd changer! (actually my cousin had a 50 cd changer in his trunk, it was sick he could listen to cds for days without changing) and what about somene who has like 100 cds? youre going to sit there puting each one on?

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
ja289 said:
thats a waste of money.. just get a cd book or cd case and not be a retard and scratch them... or better yet.. get a cd changer! (actually my cousin had a 50 cd changer in his trunk, it was sick he could listen to cds for days without changing) and what about somene who has like 100 cds? youre going to sit there puting each one on?
I just make copies of the originals and use those, keep the originals in the cases. or just rip em all to mp3 and use em in my 3-cd mp3 player. I could have 3x700mb=2100mb of music if I filled em all the way up. just burn a few copies and use one at a time til they get all ****ed up

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, that does seem reasonable. 5. dollars to protect a game, and if the game has troubles playing it's the skin and u can just pop a new one on. Video games are expensive, why not protect them.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
These are just for lazy idiots who can't take care of a CD properly.

edit- and change your goddamn signature.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts