Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get up at 6:30. I eat, brush my teeth, shower, do all those things, and get ready for school. Go there at 7:30. School til 3:30. Then straight to swimming. I got back at 5:30 today, my first day of school, and I did my homework, and ate. After doing some chores, it's 7:49, and tomorrow I have to get up at 6:30, maybe earlier. I was gonna get up earlier, and ride the excercycle I have, but with swimming being as intense as it is, nope.

Good news about my school. 15 minutes between classes. Then again, the classes are spread out all over a college-like campus. You get breaks of 30 mins in the morning. On tuesdays, we don't have math, language, or two other classes. Considering I only have 6 classes to start with, that rocks. So I have no classes until 10:00 am. I have to be at school, I can't leave, and I have to get there at 8.

More good news! At the student center, they have pool tables, air hockey, and foos ball. They also have tv's and video games, but you can't play those during school. I'm probably going to play pool a lot this year. The lunch here is great. It's like, anything you want, burgers, pizza, salad, pasta, lots of stuff. And it isn't crap, they actually cook the food there. Amazing.

The two bad things - sports are required. Al year round. you have to do 3 sports. Sports meet every weekday, until 5:30. That's 2 hours every day. I am doing swimming, and it's awesome. There is only one other freshmen in my class, everyone else are sophmores, juniors, and seniors. I get to hang out with teh older people, even if they are a lot better at swimming than me.

I'm really trying to get in shape this year. I weigh around 150 pounds, and I'm 5'7. My stomach isn't flat, or close to it. I'm trying to get rid of it, and swimming is really helping. I came home sore and exhausted, so that's a good sign.

The second bad thing is saturday school. Laugh it up, but it's only a halfday. If I have a sport that has a meet or something on saturday, I get to skip it. Woo hoo.

TL;DR: Go check out the relationship help thread.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
That sound's like a crazy school.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Swimming is good cuz you get a good workout but you can't really tell because you stay cool, you just get sore afterwards.

Sounds like a weird school though, and why is this new to you? Where'd you go last year?

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Is this a private school?

Andrew's days go normally as follows. I wake up at 0600 to the local 80s station blaring, shower, sometimes eat breakfast, then I'm out the door at around 0710. Bus picks me up, I ride 3-to-a-seat (means I'm half on the seat) and get to school at 0730. We get about 10 minutes before classes, and 5 minutes in between classes. We only have 3 period days, so classes are super long. I enjoy my classes though, so it isn't too bad. We only get 30-35 minutes to get and eat a crappy lunch in the overcrowded cafeteria. School lets out at 1409, and I get home around 1445. I then proceed to finish some of my homework and take a nap. Then I do the rest in the evening and go to sleep around 2300. Also, insert humor and a social life in there.

·
This Is Sparta!!!
1,824 Posts
damn you people get to get up late, i have to be there waiting for the bus at 635, and in the winter that blows cuz new england is wicked cold. There have been many times where its below zero and im waiting for my bus

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
my school's not that sweet. but I'm dual enrolled so on days I don't have college classes (monday, wednesday, and friday) I don't have to show up until about 10am.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I wake up at 6, grab a quick shower to help wake up, eat breakfast, put my contacts in, and brush my teeth and I'm out the door by 6:30. I have band rehearsal from 7 to 8:30 (usually goes by pretty quick), and then I grab a quick shower. I then start my classes (all 7 held everyday, with 5 minutes passing period). Our school gets out at 4, so I get home around 4:40. I then do my homework, and just relax and hang out with friends after.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
The only "cool" thing my school is doing this year is allowing seniors to come in 1 period later than everyone else.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Swimmers ftw!

Your schedule sounds a lot like boarding school. My school runs on a block schedule, so you have 2 classes per term, 3 terms. Sometimes your classes won't start until 9:45. The only thing that sucks is that in the winter you have to walk through the horrible snow storms.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
NYY said:
The only "cool" thing my school is doing this year is allowing seniors to come in 1 period later than everyone else.
We have that too but only if you have studyhall 1st period that day, and our rotating schedule is gay so it's only like once a week. But if we have studyhall last period we get to just leave earlier.

·
Registered
847 Posts
i wake up at 6:00 leave for school at 7:00, my first class doesnt start till 7:26, which is zero period. each class is 49 minutes long and i go 0-5, so i get at at 1:22, dont have to work til 3, so i like my schedule and i have some fun classes this year also

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
start school friday have a 4x4 schedual basically block with 4 classes a semester 2 semesters unfortunatley i have 3 honors classes first semester and german. school starts 715 ends 215

1 - 20 of 40 Posts