Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive never boarded in my life, but we're going up to the mountains for a few days in 2 weeks, and i was wondering what its like boarding for your first time. i might go boarding with my brother this weekend to try to learn the basics, but what were your first days like?

352 Posts
just 2 let u know ur gunna b hurting after, ur going to fall so much u'll hate it at first but i love it :hug:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I tried it last year for the first time. Other than having to take some ridiculously gay lessons, it was easy. If your coordinated and have good balance you should be fine after about two days. It will be somewhat painful though. Expect your ass, legs, and hands to be thanking you later that night. Your bound to catch a toe and heel edge and eat **** a few times. Have some good gloves and pants because it will be difficult to strap in the first few times and you might be spending some time on your ass. Strapping in gets easier as you get better though.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
One thing you need to learn is not to stop your fall with your wrist. I probably ****ed mine up bad, luckily its not broken. And get a good helmet, boots and socks, its definitely important to have those fit correctly and be comfortable. Its not that hard and you should get the hang of it.

Just remember, don't stop your falls with your hands and don't be afraid to do toeside turns.

·
The World Is Yours
1,860 Posts
your first 20 hills you wont be able to stand up for very long but when you get use to it it becomes your life. ive been snowboarding for 8 years now and am planning to try and get sponsored this year

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Stopping is really fun once you learn how to do it...I've only been once, and it was a blast, although it took me about 10 min. to get down the easiest slope my first few times, once you get the hang of it, it's fun.

Oh..and have fun trying to get off of the ski lift..haha, I've done so many faceplants off of those things...

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Sittin_duk said:
Oh..and have fun trying to get off of the ski lift..haha, I've done so many faceplants off of those things...

haha yeah, sometimes getting off the lift sucks major balls, especially if you dont have a stomp pad and your foot slides right off

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ive been twice in my life. If you can ride a skateboard, then you shouldnt have much of a problem learning to snowboard.

now getting off the lift.....that's a whole nother story.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ninja7 said:
Ive been twice in my life. If you can ride a skateboard, then you shouldnt have much of a problem learning to snowboard.

now getting off the lift.....that's a whole nother story.
Thats not necessarily true. But yeah I went again today and it was great. Getting off the lift is easy. Put the board straight and keep your hands on the chair for a minute. Step to the left of your back binding and just ride it down. Oh yeah, thats a good thing to practice. Before you go anywhere find a spot with a slight incline to it. Practice riding your board down with only your front foot strapped in. This will give you an idea of how it feels but also of how getting off the lift will feel. It'll make things much easier because you'll know what to expect.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I spent the first two days falling on my ass every 30 seconds before i was able to go down the mountain for any decent amount of time without falling. It was definently worth the effort, even tho it was slightly frustrating at first.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts