Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm planning to start small and buy a used riding lawn mower and do some work on it to get it running/running better. Then idk this may sound stupid but are there any modifications you can do for more tourqe or speed on a small engine?

Because I know they don't see any performance parts for lawn mower engines. I just want to get chains on the tires, good fast engine, and a plow up front for the winter. Then we'd use our other new mower for the grass.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
it depends what kind of lawn mower it is. some have a pully and belt drive system. the pulleys can be switched with bigger and smaller ones to for more torque or more speed.

a couple friends and i race home made racing lawn mowers through the back country. its rather fun, because there is no suspension whatsoever.. and youre going at a considerable speed.. wear a helmet ;)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
anything with gearing. unless you want to disconnect the governer, which i highy do not recommend if you want to keep the mower in one piece.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
So just the pulleys? Anything custom avaliable?
well I am sure you could get billet pulleys made but I wouldnt spend that on a camaro. But small engines have the same basics as larger ones. Boring, pistons, stroke (not a pron comment) but you usually do this on chainsaws for competition. But if you wanted to find a good small engine shop and a good machine shop and see what is available.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Just swap the engine out. Go down to your local junkyard, find a nice old 350 or something and put that in. That should have more than enough power. ;)

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
hehe..right on doom!

15 horse briggs and straton are ncie engines. so are the older kohler engines tht were on wheelhorses.

we recently have been having probelsm with our 20 horse briggs and straton so se said **** it and bought a 21 horse kawosaki for it, compared to the briggs, it's so smooth and so quiet!

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
One of my friends actually races lawnmowers. It's crazy. With all the stuff he has done to it, it tops out at over 40mph (proven because another one of my friends raced Cody [lawnmower boy] on his moped which has a speedometer and his moped tops out between 40-45, the lawnmower won)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts