Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Power Supply with cables that glow under UV (Ultra XConnect 500W) so of course I had to get some UV lights. I just finished putting it all in and it looks so awesome. The fan in the back glows under UV and so does the PCI slot fan. I love it. :hug:

stuff glowing and the blacklight tubes are hidden by the side panel

with the side panel off, you can see the lights.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
awesome. id build a better pc and do mods like that but theres no way im taking a desktop to college so right now its useless.

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
ya i just built a new comp. Those cables are great. I made sure to get every cable in that thin wrapped form to help air flow and also to help accent all the blue lights inside the case. But the airflow was what made me the happiest. My comp has never been this cool.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Ooooooooooo

I'm not really a fan of the clear panel, bright light PCs for some reason. I just like it plain and simple.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
i'd show you pics of mine, but it's kinda parted up right now because we're doing drywall work in the room it's typically in. so i'm using our alternative one right now.

what i always wanted to do was make a computer box that was so bright through the window that you couldn't look into it. it would appear as a box just filled with white light. obviously there would be a switch for it, but a computer like that would complete me. maybe i'll build another one when the Conroes get cheaper.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TonyD said:
Ooooooooooo

I'm not really a fan of the clear panel, bright light PCs for some reason. I just like it plain and simple.
yea i used to have blue lights in there,and at night its just really bright. The blacklight is nice because it only makes the cables glow and doesnt light up my room.

jayoxd said:
wow! is that a rats nest i see there :) zip ties! and if you really want the uv effect dfi lanparty boards mine glows fairly well
Yea i need to clean up the cables a little bit and hide some. UV boards are cool but im not going to buy a new board anytime soon. There is also UV paint for computers so i guess I could paint the PCI slots and plastic parts. That would probly look cool. :)

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
jayoxd said:
wow! is that a rats nest i see there :) zip ties! and if you really want the uv effect dfi lanparty boards mine glows fairly well
Yeah... And when your boards craps out on you and you're asking yourself why, you can say 'Because it looks pretty'.

My old manager at the computer Repair shop I was at had a saying..
DFI, Dumb-****in-Idiot board :)

Cgras: How do you like the Ultra PSU? I've been using one for a few months now, outstanding perfomance and great looks, as well as the cable management perks of having the worlds first Modular Power Supply :)
I'll post some pics of mine if I can get my FTP running.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lowtryx said:
Cgras: How do you like the Ultra PSU? I've been using one for a few months now, outstanding perfomance and great looks, as well as the cable management perks of having the worlds first Modular Power Supply :)
I'll post some pics of mine if I can get my FTP running.
I absolutely Love it. I got it for $50 shipped on ebay bnib and its worth every penny. Works awesome and it looks so amazing. Its also nice having the modular system which looks a ton cleaner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts