1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my 98 custom
it has::::
--a Flatline barrel
--responce trigger
--a double trigger
--and it has an extreme rage electric loader
::::::i just got this gun for $40(With all those parts i think it's about $300)...there is nothing wroung with it at all, but i was wandering how you think it is...i know the loader isn't really good but it will do until i get a better one...any suggestions on what I should get(I dont really want to spend a lot of money on it)
-Also the flatline is not currently on(I'm using the stock barrel)because i just can't seem to get the flatline straight, and the ball has a curve to it.(any ideas on how to get the flatline lined up currectly?)

·
Registered
29 Posts
from what I've read and been told by friends, the 98 is a good basic gun to start out with and there are plenty of mods you can do. The more expensive models are for when you're more experienced.

But definitely get a battery powered hopper because the one it comes with sucks! I've just ordered the usual mods: 16" m16 barrel, M16 sight/carry handle and CAR stock. Looking into getting aftermarket springs and bolt and perhaps an e-trigger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
so what upgrades should I have gotten instead?? would it have been cheaper to get one of those US army paintball guns instead with the m16 handguard and CAR stock already built into the gun??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't worry about the mods guru
I put a stock on mine myself, and had looked at a kit had it not been so expensive

as for the actual thread gun, I think most everyone saying he's dumb is missing a crucial fact- the deal
He paid only 40 bucks for something he could easily get $160 out of on ebay
and thats if he sells it
It's still a good woodsball gun either way

8/10

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
i think its gay
Hmmm, i don't see anything gay about it.

OK! Nice buy with $40 but yes get a new hopper, assuming your going to use that response trigger of yours. other than that pretty good starter gun. 8/10
A nice cheap loader is like the Viewloader Revolution Force($30)

About your barrel, 1) By curving you meaning to the left and right i hope, because if it curves down alittle its normal. 2) Tune your gun, this might help alittle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
with the m16 barrel and stock plus all the other m16 parts on it .you got a great mil sim gun.how can anyone not like the m16. thatill be a great woodsball gun.not for speedball.9

·
Registered
41 Posts
my 98 custom
it has::::
--a Flatline barrel
--responce trigger
--a double trigger
--and it has an extreme rage electric loader
::::::i just got this gun for $40(With all those parts i think it's about $300)...there is nothing wroung with it at all, but i was wandering how you think it is...i know the loader isn't really good but it will do until i get a better one...any suggestions on what I should get(I dont really want to spend a lot of money on it)
-Also the flatline is not currently on(I'm using the stock barrel)because i just can't seem to get the flatline straight, and the ball has a curve to it.(any ideas on how to get the flatline lined up currectly?)
Nice snag picking that up for $40. The flatline should have come with a shroud that mounts onto the body and holds the barrel straight. If not I'd recommend trying to find one. Flatlines are okay and can get you some extra range however I'd recommend a J&J ceramic barrel. They are quiet and you can shoot through ball breaks. The hopper will keep up as long as you don't unscrew the response trigger too far.

Unfortunately what some people fail to realize is different guns are made for different markets. Most woodsball/scenario players wouldn't want a mini or ion. Just because you're not playing in the woods or in scenarios doesn't mean the guy that is doing that is playing with inferior equipment. BPS is not needed in speedball as much as people think. I play speedball more than I play woodsball and use a pump, that's a blistering 1 ball per second against high end electros. Skill > BPS

·
Registered
12 Posts
that' us army paintball gun' i believe is the Alpha black, or Bravo one in canada, and its pretty much a dressed up 98 custom. its a bit more accurate, anc in my opinion, more fun. definately a primary weapon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.