Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finally got the overheating problem taken care of by replacing the radiator. Well then a $75 oil cooler line breaks and when removing the old line ****s the oil cooler threads up. Well I do away with the oil cooler for now and everything seemed good till last night.

I get in my truck fixin to leave my g/f's house last night and start the truck up. Well it was actin kinda funny when I started it, it felt like it was running kinda rough. I figured it was just time for a tune up and didn't give it much thought. Well about 1 min after starting it the truck dies and wont start. When I turn the key on nothing lights up in the gauge cluster and it wont even try to crank. Also the power locks, radio, anything that comes on when you turn the key to ACC is dead as well. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. Something else that happened when it died is a puff of smoke came rollin out from behind the right side of the dash.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Hmmm...interesting.

Alternator? Battery? That would explain the electrical problems and it not cranking.

But the smoke from the dash makes it seem as if it were a short, just as Twisted said.

As far as the oil line goes, I'd say get some fittings that thread into either end and just replace the line with cheap oil cooler hose from Advance Auto / Autozone / equivalent.

-Jin

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it could have been the battery/alt also but only certain things are not working. All the fuses checked out fine. I visually checked them and checked them on a ohm meter.

IF it was a short it should have blown a fuse?

I am so effin tired of dickin with this truck it ain't even funny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts