Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started about 20 years ago,. We found out he has cancer in his lower leg, which led to an amputation of his knee on down. What we didn't know is that the cancer spread rapidly throughout his body before the doctors have been able to amputate. Now he's 40 and dying. Much of his lungs are taken out, his upper arm held together by a metal rod in a screw, his hip virtually nonexistant and some is getting to his brain. A few days ago my aunt had to tell their kids that their dad was dying.. =( Today my mom said that he told my aunt to start planning his funeral.. Apparently he gets tired and out of breath from things as little as pushing the button in on an electric screw driver.

Sorry if its too long, if you don't wanna read it don't. I just had to get that out..

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VC8228 said:
That's rough man. I know that this is probably hard on you to, but try to do anything you can to help out his wife and kids through all of this.
It's not so hard on me as it is on them. Their kids are in 8th, 6th and K grades. It's just hard to think that they won't have a dad for the rest of their life. He also has his own company, and has been pretty stubborn upon selling it, although everyone else in the family believes he should have 6 months ago. Now he's dying and really the only one who knows exactly how everything works. (He designed software that will autoamtically call everyone and update them on a situation. Mainly used in hospitals and prisons.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts