Pure energy 20 oz.
Dye Proto Switch Model EL

Upgrades I am considering:

J&J ceramic 14"
V-Force vantage Field Vision
X chamber kit
CP 2" flame drop foward
PMI Rufus Dawg Bolt

As you can see, I have speed (RT w/ Apache) and now I'm consentrating on accuracy. I am on a budget, and was wondering what I can get the best bang for my buck. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks. The people on Tippmann Forums told me not to get the x chamber and get a palmers, but those are out of my price range.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
They do have a point, if you can afford a stabilizer the performance is well above an expansion chamber.

You might consider getting thermal lenses for your Switch instead of getting another mask as well, assuming it fits well and everything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do love my mask, but it just fogs up so bad at times I can barely see past my gun.

Oh, I found an X-chamber kit for $50 and a male palmers for $88. Is it worth it?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Thermal lenses would cure the fogging pretty well.

If you buy the stabilizer you have to add the cost of the Tippmann vertical adaptor onto it and you'll probably need some new air line as well. Macroline and fittings (a kit) would work well, or a steel line would be more durable.

If you were to find a female stabilizer you wouldn't need the vertical adaptor. These ones mount on the bottom of the grip where the tank screws in, replacing the stock ASA that is there.

Bob Long's Torpedo regulators also tolerate CO2 well. They're also cheaper in price and turn up fairly often as used equipment that's even cheaper to buy. It's what I'm using now, downgraded from a stabilizer....needed it for another gun.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still don't know. The X-chamber is alot cheaper and from the sounds of it easier to install. I'm really on a budget, so thata the route I think I'm going to take, thanks.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Instead of getting an x chamber start saving for a HPA tank. Also get a good barrel. Any aftermarket barrel would be an improvement over the stock one. I recommend the J&J ceramic. Making your own dropforward is also quite easy to do with a piece of steel purchaced from lowes or home depot, since you are on a budget. A new bolt would be a complete waste of money. But first and foremost, get a thermal lens for your mask so you can see your opponents. A good lens makes all the difference in the world between a good day of PB and a bad one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts