Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i am getting a bunch of friends together and we are going to go to a place to rent paintball guns and play some games, we are going to do that to "get a feel" of the game and see who likes what position to play as a team. My team will atmost have 6 players (maybe) from 6 and down what are the positions of players that we should most likely have on our team.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, what i mean is like, commander, hammer, heavy riflemen, light riflemen, medium riflemen, squad leader, grenadier, sniper. Positions like that, but ur help is good too, oh and me and my team have come up with a name, no body may steal our name: its F.E.A.R which stands for First Encounter Assault Recon. Yeah, thats right u scared now!! lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cool, I'm making a team of like 4-6 people soon. And just have guns that work, don't worry about what they do, any good player can do good with an ok gun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Lol, have a guy with paintball gernades running around blowing the **** outa everyone, have him wear camo so no one sees him and BAM. But you should never do that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thats basically what the hammer and/or the heavy rifleman does

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry double post!!! but should i have a hammer guy who is slowish and has grenades and big guns (like the double gatlin a-5 thing in specops, its two a-5's together shooting 30bps, 8 X 2 every turn of the trigger thing. Should i have a dagger, a sniper is a guy who wheres a gillie suit and waits still for a long time and when someone is in range and able to shoot, he takes the shot one shot one kill, then if there is a bunch of enemys he quickly gets up and runs to a different position and continues that process, i think im going to have a sniper the sniper will have a 98custom with flatline, we will also have a sp-8, ariakon, mr1 possibly but we dunno, a-5 and maybe more

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
uhhh no...im all woodsball!!!!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
OK, but the ION is great for woodsball, that's what I have. It shoots like a beast and hurts like a *****. It is actually better that a 98c in woods, that's my opinion. And if you want to play speed, it matches a lot of high end guns in performace. Just someting to consider. Plus it's only like $199.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
if you plan on starting a decent woodsball team, do it right. Don't use the silly names and stereotypical positions that SpecOps gives. That's a marketing ploy.

You have 6 guys. Don't put them all in different jobs like "You're the grenadier." or "Your're the squad heavy gunner."

Play a few rounds, learn to work together as a team and see where people naturally lean towards as far as positions go.

Learn small unit tactics. There is a thread I posted a while back that has tips and tactics on it, many of which pertaining to small units. Check it out.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
ion&electra said:
yeah, what i mean is like, commander, hammer, heavy riflemen, light riflemen, medium riflemen, squad leader, grenadier, sniper. Positions like that, but ur help is good too, oh and me and my team have come up with a name, no body may steal our name: its F.E.A.R which stands for First Encounter Assault Recon. Yeah, thats right u scared now!! lol
You stole that name from some pc game. So people can steal it from you. Don't use those stupid woodsball names, just go out and play.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
some of u r missing what im saying, we r all going to go to colchester and play all day with the different positions that we can think of and then see which one we like and play the best as, those will be our main positions, but we r going to train like we r all medium riflemen so we r good at all positions. So skip my last question, okay, so i am going to buy this and for a position i am either going to be a commander or maybe a lightrifle man:

Smart Parts ION with V i r t u e
HALO B with Cheetah board
68/4500 carbon fiber crossfire nitro tank
Apex barrel (IS THIS THE BEST BARREL FOR WOODSBALL?????????)
Blackcell bodykit
Blackcell longbow stock air-through
remote
blackcell inch rails
small scope
laser

Now we are going to have a HAMMER on our team, what gun should we get if we don't have the money for the special ops A5A2 HAMMER or what gun/guns is better than it. What sniping gun is better than the longbow and or more affordable than the longbow THIS IS GOING TO BE FOR THE SNIPER? what is a gun better than the spec ops DAGGER MARK II or is more affordable this is going to be for the DAGGER and if im the dagger it will be switched with the commander? And then the sabre is going to have the sp-8 and the broadsword will have an ariakon? whatta u guys think, and if we should have 2 people at base, 2 people at mid field or 4 people up front with the group, what 2 people should we have defending the base (if we r playing a game wherer we need to protect something) because the sniper isn't going to be moving in hes laying down keeping one side completely safe. thanx

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
What you need to do:
1. Forget everything that you learned from SpecOps
2. Learn basic small unit tactics
3. Read the articles listed in this thread: http://www.paintballforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114913&highlight=Tips+Tactics
4. Practice those drills and teamwork skills AS A TEAM
5. After BASIC TEAMWORK is established, then you can worry about buying the super duper double secret probation edition guns.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
guess what buddy, i read that like a week ago, i printed every page out and " super duper double secret probation edition guns." ???

1 - 20 of 89 Posts