Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my carbine kit on the x7, egrip and full cyclone mods are next.

Waiting for my 07 minion to get here.
Dust Red, NIB stock, but soon to be virtued.

also sitting at home are
an 07 Ion, virtue board and bob body kit coming
a spyder sonix pro with egrip (~18bps) maxed out.
and my old old old school imagine, with a mech trigger.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Nice x7, I do not know how to rate them so 7/10

Minion is 5/10, UL frame, tadao Yakuza, and the TechT bolt and it will be a 9/10.

Ion is 3/10, so much more you can do, and Virtue fails.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
x7s are overpriced 98s. 6/10
I didnt ask you to ***** about the pricing of the x7.

I asked for rankings on looks and functionality.

I would not want a 98. I like the milsim look for a woodsball gun.
If I wanted a cheap reliable gun, I would buy a 98.
But I want a very good, reliable, and visually pleasing gun. I have it now.

Its great, but I will be getting a spare 20" barrel for sniping only after shooting with it today.

I know I know, nothing over a 16" is beneficial. Im just going for shot placement/accuracy. I dont care if It takes some velocity out of it, Im just here to pick people off for the team, lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice x7, I do not know how to rate them so 7/10

Minion is 5/10, UL frame, tadao Yakuza, and the TechT bolt and it will be a 9/10.

Ion is 3/10, so much more you can do, and Virtue fails.
Thanks!
I like the guns in your sig!

So, the tadao is better than the virtue?
I was told the bolts are fine stock, what is the benefit of upgrading the bolt on the minion?
Is the 07 not UL'd already? I thought the only diff from a pm7 or dm7 is the UL barrel...?

·
Registered
41 Posts
So, the tadao is better than the virtue?
Both are good boards. The Yakuza boards from Tadao have been getting rave reviews for pretty much every marker they are available for (not available for the Shocker :mad:).

Is the 07 not UL'd already? I thought the only diff from a pm7 or dm7 is the UL barrel...?
None of the Proto or Evil versions of the Matrix have ever come with an UL frame (barring some special edition model that I don't know of). There are more differences between the PM and DM than just the barrel. Different frame, different body milling, some different internals, etc.

Oh, and to rate your X7: 7/10. It looks like a good MilSim marker. I'm not really into that, but whatever. I'd add an on/off. Those are always preferable to the old duckbill.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The pm8 has came stock with the UL and self cleaning eyes, none other. The l7 bolt adds a couple pods to your efficiency shots and allows more for tuning(dropping your LPR and HPR/dwell to your liking). Virtue is crooked and hasn't had my business since the BS they pulled on PBN, and the Tadao Yakuza just blows it away. The Yakuza isn't available for the Ion/Shocker because the Noid connects directly to the board.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both are good boards. The Yakuza boards from Tadao have been getting rave reviews for pretty much every marker they are available for (not available for the Shocker :mad:).

None of the Proto or Evil versions of the Matrix have ever come with an UL frame (barring some special edition model that I don't know of). There are more differences between the PM and DM than just the barrel. Different frame, different body milling, some different internals, etc.

Oh, and to rate your X7: 7/10. It looks like a good MilSim marker. I'm not really into that, but whatever. I'd add an on/off. Those are always preferable to the old duckbill.
I just use a remote on the x7 so I just turn it off and unplug, but the ion will get an on/off for sure.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I didnt ask you to ***** about the pricing of the x7.

I asked for rankings on looks and functionality.

I would not want a 98. I like the milsim look for a woodsball gun.
If I wanted a cheap reliable gun, I would buy a 98.
But I want a very good, reliable, and visually pleasing gun. I have it now.

Its great, but I will be getting a spare 20" barrel for sniping only after shooting with it today.

I know I know, nothing over a 16" is beneficial. Im just going for shot placement/accuracy. I dont care if It takes some velocity out of it, Im just here to pick people off for the team, lol.
oh, my bad looks and functionality. 3/10. way too heavy. you could buy alot better guns for that price. and for the 20" barrel go ahead and get it and join the rest of paintballs super uber noob snipers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh, my bad looks and functionality. 7/10. a little heavy. you could buy alot better guns for that price. and for the 20" barrel go ahead and get it and join the rest of paintballs snipers.
I paid less for it NIB than you can get a used 98 for.

Mine isnt heavy at all??? Its not too much heavier than my ion and about the same as my spyder.

and the barrel is fine, I got to shoot a 20" today...very straight shooting, straighter than the crappy rap4 barrel that came with it.

I fixed your comment for you, you might want to step off that little high horse you got on there.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
A 20" barrel is highly impractical ,get's in the way, causes shoot down and less efficiency, and isn't more accurate then any other barrel out there.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
lol. you go right ahead and snipe them bad boys. thats an original idea that noone has thought about before...:super:dodgy:

Anyway, as far as the X7, yeah, they're heavy. and if you say otherwise you need to buy a scale.

Meh on the minion. Never really liked the looks, and a Tadao or hater board is going to serve you better than a virtue.

either way, 4/10 on the X7, and an equally low score for the minion.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I paid less for it NIB than you can get a used 98 for.

Mine isnt heavy at all??? Its not too much heavier than my ion and about the same as my spyder.

and the barrel is fine, I got to shoot a 20" today...very straight shooting, straighter than the crappy rap4 barrel that came with it.

I fixed your comment for you, you might want to step off that little high horse you got on there.
well since you decided to modify my post i change it to 2/10. and, sorry to say, your lyin your ass off. NIB x7=300$. used 98=100$
you go ahead and carry around 6 more inches of barrel. for the stand in back and pray you dont get hit kind of player you seem to be it should workout well for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Craw, ive already found an a-5 to 98 barrel thread adapter, so it should hopefully work...
THanks for the rankings...Im really eager to see what the minion has to offer.

and woodsballer, thanks for the PM.

If anyone else would care to read it, let me know. Its amusing.

Like I told him, I paid an insanely cheap price for the x7...$50.
Things happen when you get something from someone that doesnt know what in the world they have, or dont care.

·
Registered
358 Posts
still think your lyin your ass off. no one is stupid enough to give up an x7 for 50$.and by the way, have you ever even got hit by a pb? cause you want to be your teams "sniper" like all the other noobs that want to stand in the back and not get hit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
still think your lyin your ass off. no one is stupid enough to give up an x7 for 50$.and by the way, have you ever even got hit by a pb? cause you want to be your teams "sniper" like all the other noobs that want to stand in the back and not get hit.
Shouldnt you still be asleep, ready for the repeat of summer school?

Your comments are amusing considering im a front man in speedball...and hate sitting back cause its boring as hell.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Shouldnt you still be asleep, ready for the repeat of summer school?

Your comments are amusing considering im a front man in speedball...and hate sitting back cause its boring as hell.

so u use an x7 with a 20" barrel???

I am putting a small 4x20 scope on my x7 simply for the fact of being able to see an area I am looking at closer and clearer.

My friends and I have a few games that we play in some stuff you can really hide in, so the scope helps to find them, not necessarily to shoot.

plus I got it for 8 bucks on ebay...lol.

Hell, I know a guy wanting thermal imaging on his gun...wow.
so you want to have a scope and be a "sniper" but you dont want to sit back and wait? hmmm... something doesnt make sense.

crawdaddy- whats wrong with an alpha black? same internals as a 98 and comes with stock and its still cheaper

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should talking about high horse when you are the one that is swearing over it because he made a comment about your gun, you put it in the rating section because you wanted to hear about your gun, you heard about it and you weren't happy, if you dont like it GTFO and dont post here again if you arent going to take constructive criticism well!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts