Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have your schools prinicpal tried to get on to myspace and see if you have been drinking and doing drugs. Our principal has started doing this.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is on ours too, he's made his own account and busted 9 people so far

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
thats bull****, the internet is off of school "property" and he has no authority "busting" people based on something they said on the net. everyone on the internet says they've had massive orgies, done crack, and ****ed a horse, but most of it isn't true.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Balla26 said:
It is on ours too, he's made his own account and busted 9 people so far
thats ridiculus. if you didnt access myspace on the schools computer, its non of their business what you do on the internet. God, you cant even go on the internet without having to worry anymore.

·
Registered
515 Posts
my district is doin it to us...... some of you may have heard of the girls that were caught wiht pics of them drinking at a party... well im at stagg and andrew(the school this all happened to) is in our district....

for those of you not in illinois.... that post was not for u... but it is telling u that the schools are goin through our myspaces

NYY said:
thats bull****, the internet is off of school "property" and he has no authority "busting" people based on something they said on the net. everyone on the internet says they've had massive orgies, done crack, and ****ed a horse, but most of it isn't true.

they did it to us.. because one of the school stuck ups told the school aobut it... and they are mostly doin it to the athletes of the schools... since we had to sign a contract saying we wouldnt do any drinking or smoking.. or be at a party where there is smoking or drinking...

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I am not aware of any of this.

I would like them to "bust" me. If I can pass a drug test and there is no proof of anything then they can't do **** to me.

I hear about it on the news sometimes though.

·
Crack
1,233 Posts
Thats messed up. How is it ANY of there business what so freakin ever what you post on YOUR OWN PERSONAL webpage. Hell I could have a picture of me IVing herorin into my arm and if the pricipals saw that they shouldnt be able to sh*t. How does what someone does in there personal life have anything what so ever to do with school. How can they prove there was actual alcohol in the bottle thats in the picture or that what your smoking isnt rolled tobacoo, or that its an insulin nieedle. Theres no way possible to tell. Your dickhead principal needs to be stabbed.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
NYY said:
Actually, the school does have the authority to do so. Just because it's off school property does not mean you can't get in trouble for it. I believe that the schools authority extends past the property boundaries. I'm pretty sure that there was a ruling basically saying it is the schools responsibility to get involved in a students life outside of school. Meaning you could get in trouble for a fight that took place off school grounds. I could be wrong and mixing up my facts though. I know this is the case for Catholic schools at least, and I thought it was the same for public ones because of some ruling.

-Jin

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Jinjiro said:
Actually, the school does have the authority to do so. Just because it's off school property does not mean you can't get in trouble for it. I believe that the schools authority extends past the property boundaries. I'm pretty sure that there was a ruling basically saying it is the schools responsibility to get involved in a students life outside of school. Meaning you could get in trouble for a fight that took place off school grounds. I could be wrong and mixing up my facts though. I know this is the case for Catholic schools at least, and I thought it was the same for public ones because of some ruling.

-Jin
I think you're correct

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
I know that our rule when it came to fights in middle shcool was that if you went home first and then went somewhere and got in a fight the school couldn't do anything, but that if you got in a fight off of school property but on your way home then they could suspend you or w/e.

As to the myspace thing I know that my gf's friend got expelled from their school (private catholic school) for making a Myspace of a teacher that didn't exactly portray that teacher in a good way. I think the girl is stupid for doing it but at the same time I think expulsion is far too severe a penalty.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Jinjiro said:

-Jin
just about to say that

the school can be involved in your life as much as they can, if it affects other students. the school has a legal responsibility to protect you, and other students, if they see you on myspace doing drugs and crap they have to take action because it affects other students. it doesnt seem they should be responsible, but they have the authority to do that.

New Jersey v. T.L.O.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Jinjiro said:

-Jin
they have every right to try to help you, but you can't be given detention or suspension for saying you did drugs on myspace.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts