Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I seem to have problems paintballing in the cold weather. So some of them decided to get N02 because they think that it will fix the cold weather problem, (wont help with the decrease in the size of balls). I would like to get N02 but i dont have the money for that yet, so i was thinking wouldn't c02 with an expansion chamber take care of the cold weather problem? Ayone who has input please pm me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
flowbob said:
if you get a good one itll help a great deal, but n2 (not n02) is a very good idea if you plan on getting a better marker in the future.
Thats about it.

If you want to stay with CO2 then an expansion chamber is a must. If you're sporting a Tippmann which I assume you are, Tippmanns own front grip expansion chamber is a very decent one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
spend $30 bucks on a remote hose, then you'll be blasting away all winter long,while everyone elses gun freezes up. MUCH better than any expansion chamber,and cheaper.
 

·
3D Airsmith
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
rain man said:
spend $30 bucks on a remote hose, then you'll be blasting away all winter long,while everyone elses gun freezes up. MUCH better than any expansion chamber,and cheaper.

not realy.

Because the chamber is on the gun so that does not get caught on any branches or get in the way like a remote line will. I havew gotten liquid co2 in my gun even with a remote line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
Mortisdeum said:
not realy.

Because the chamber is on the gun so that does not get caught on any branches or get in the way like a remote line will. I havew gotten liquid co2 in my gun even with a remote line.
yeah just because your tank is sitting vertically doesnt mean NO liquid co2 will get in your gun. a x-chamber (good one) pretty much doesnt let any liquid get in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
flowbob said:
yeah just because your tank is sitting vertically doesnt mean NO liquid co2 will get in your gun. a x-chamber (good one) pretty much doesnt let any liquid get in.
Blah - I hate the idea of a remote line. I'd rather have the weight of the tank than have to worry about the line. Plus, that tank on my back... nope. How the F am I going to drop and roll?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
flowbob said:
yeah just because your tank is sitting vertically doesnt mean NO liquid co2 will get in your gun. a x-chamber (good one) pretty much doesnt let any liquid get in.
Hate to be a grammar nazi, but you said "...doesnt mean NO liquid co2...".

That's kinda a double negative...so do you mean that liquid CO2 will get in your gun?

(It actually is confusing me)

Skapumpkin: You're wearing pods on your back, no? How do you roll with those on your back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Do they make X-chambers that go where your hose fits into on your gun? and could i run a hose to it instead of getting an expansion chamber in the front grip?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
CustomProDude said:
Hate to be a grammar nazi, but you said "...doesnt mean NO liquid co2...".

That's kinda a double negative...so do you mean that liquid CO2 will get in your gun?

(It actually is confusing me)

Skapumpkin: You're wearing pods on your back, no? How do you roll with those on your back?
Thats a good question... and I honestly can't say how, maybe I just don't notice it in the heat of action or maybe I don't roll as much as I think I do.

Also... I will often times shift the pack so that it is anchoring one side of me.

I just imagined a tank on my backside when I try to roll and I still feel that my pods don't get in the way as much as a tank would. Also I would be scared of denting/puncturing the tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
CustomProDude said:
Hate to be a grammar nazi, but you said "...doesnt mean NO liquid co2...".

That's kinda a double negative...so do you mean that liquid CO2 will get in your gun?

(It actually is confusing me)
no. even though the tank is vertical, running around and stuff can still make co2 get in the tube. just because it is vertical does not mean that itll for sure prevent liquid from getting in it.

help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
hey mortisdeum......the guy was asking about "fixing winter problems" , so getting caught on branches doesn't really factor in here. but as you point out,the snag potential with a remote was a concern of mine as well,though it's turned out to be only an occasional,and very minor,problem.
so the fact still remains......getting a remote hose is still the best thing you can do to keep a CO2 firing gun from freezing up in the winter. thumup:
 

·
The Assault Sharpshooter
Joined
·
442 Posts
a cheaper way is to get an anti siphon tank. Mine worked really well during the winter with my ion, and those things are tempermental sometimes.lol so a 98 would be fine with one. most proshops should have the stuff to make one and not send it in. Unless you want an on/off on the tank. Mine doesnt, so it costed me 30 bucks and about 2 hours of waiting(no not in the shop. lol)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
rain man said:
getting a remote hose is still the best thing you can do to keep a CO2 firing gun from freezing up in the winter. thumup:
wow your facts are skewed. the BEST thing you can do is getting a anti-siphon and an expansion chamber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
just keep your tanks warm put covers on them thats what we do then after every game we take them off and lay them over a warm vent until the next game.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top