Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing for over a year with my A-5 using CO2 and am ready to move up to compressed air. I can find out which would work best for my A-5. I am really looking at the 68/4500 from Crossfire, but I don't know whether I should get HP or LP? Which would be better? Because if HP will work without me having to buy a reg or something, then I'd rather get that. Any good advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Tippmanns require High Pressure and you do not need a reg to run it.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You're gonna need a low pressure kit (LPK), and a regulator, and some new hoses...might as well get the new bolt and power tube while you're in there...

Just Kidding. Do NOT think you need to buy any of that.

Like Roadkill said, Get the HP tank and just plug in and go.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i read the first part and didnt see the rest before scrolling down, and i thought wow, torch must have just gotten baked for his first time or something :rolleyes:

while you dont really *need* a reg it may be a good idea to have one anyways if you are the kind of person who has to get every last ounce of performance possible out of what you have. having the velocity screw all the way out and being able to get the pressure down a little bit with a second reg (the first one being on the tank) could help air effeciency a tad, and go easier on brittle paint.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roadkill said:
Tippmanns require High Pressure and you do not need a reg to run it.
Thanks alot! At least I'm sure of what I need now. I am gonna get a new superfly bolt too. Thanks alot for the advice guys.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Best thing about tippys, Just screw on a HPA tank and you are set to go. A secondary regulator for a tippy is not a major increase in performance. The HPA is consistent as hell on a tippy by itself. Response triggers are friggin awesome with HPA. You can full auto it in one single string until the tank empties if you wanted to.

Superfly bolt is worthless. Spend your money elsewhere.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I guess I'll take your word for it. I really need a new pod pack anyway.

·
Registered
189 Posts
so for my gun all i would need to do is buy the tank and screw it in.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, if you buy HPA (high pressure air). LP (low pressure) requires a LP kit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another thing.....if I had a HPA tank, but wanted to shoot around without wasting compressed air, could I switch over to C02 and then when I played a real game, go back to compressed air? Or would this not be good for my gun?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Its perfectly fine. But one of the things I noticed was that the CO2 shot hotter than the HPA so I had to turn my velocity down when using CO2. This is because of the unregulated output from the CO2. Man I love HPA.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks smitty. And by the way, really fast reply! Like 10 minutes after I posted it! You do a good job!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
daniel6990 said:
thanks smitty. And by the way, really fast reply! Like 10 minutes after I posted it! You do a good job!
Thats because god said today was my day to look after you. Don't dont try that crap tomorrow though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts