Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NASA is launching the shuttle today around 10:34. If you want to watch, it's going to be covered on TV and also online ( www.nasa.gov ). I'm really excited, I just hope everything goes well. The safety of the crew is the most important thing, by far.

-Jin

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Thats in about 10 minutes. :eek: i will probably watch it. I have saw them take off when i was at the kennedy space center..... its pretty cool.

edit- JESSUM........ They got 17,500 MPH. Thats fast, but my cocker can shoot faster. :rolleyes:

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's insane how fast they go and how far they wind up. Within seconds they're already miles above the earth, and traveling at speeds of 1,000+MPH. Then the speeds just keep doubling, and they wind up at 17,500 like you said.

It's crazy, I bet it's the best feeling in the world

-Jin

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I walked outside and watched it. Clear day so i could see it fairly easily.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Number One N00b said:
How visible is it from Orlando?
Its pretty visible, from this distance its kinda like watching an airplane make the smoke trails, although it is going straight up and the smoke looks a bit different as the wind in the different levels of the atmosphere move it around in a zigzag pattern.

This mission is not going to the moon. Im unsure this mission has a purpose other than a "Ok, everything's working again" kinda thing. They would not go to the moon in a shuttle, ever.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
bunkertime said:
very... I'm in Jax and i saw it.. it was cool.

if this one blows up... i hope apeice goes in my backyard.. cause i could use a few grand from e-bay
:dodgy:

I woke up at 11 today, so I missed it.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
a peice fell off :dodgy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts