Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old dreadnought isn't cutting it anymore ever since I started playing on a Telecaster. Action is waaay too high.

Looking for something like:
-Around $200
-Low action
-Cutaway

Anyone got suggestions?

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
You can get a decent guitar for $200, but since this is your second, it would probably be beneficial if you could spend a little more and get something that you won't have to replace.

What about something like the Ibanez V70CE? Maybe the Fender DG-10CE? As far as cost-effective acoustics are concerned, I've always liked Ibanez and Fender. Every cheap Ibanez I've played has had amazing tone quality for guitars in that price range.

Is that along the lines of what you're looking at, or do you want to get away from the dreadnought style completely?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm fine with any form factor, except classical guitars because although nylon strings are nice, they get on my nerves. I was actually looking at the Ibanez, but I don't really need all the electronics in it. I could really do without it if it lowers the cost.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
I love my dad's Guild 12 string, Martin D41, and taylor, but they are a little over $200 ;) sry i don't know much about acoustics. I got a cheaper fender one, I like it. not sure what model my dad just gave it to me

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
its hard to find a really good guitar for 200 bux. what sound are you shooting for? sharp or mellow? right now i have 3 guitars. my 200 dollar harmony(great to knock around w/, sharp sound and nice narrow neck). my 1000 dollar tacoma dm-19(mellower tone, tad wider neck). and then my dads custom built guitar(very wide neck and uber mellow its sick). i need to sell off a guitar or 2. buttt i want my tacoma cause its sweet. my harmony to knock around with. and my dad would kill me if i sold his guitar....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts