Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Professional Hobo
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally found somebody to back our paintball store, and we need to find a nice quality paint supplier. We need quality while at the same time keeping the price low, there are 2 other competitors in our area. I was looking at Karnage, I've had a good experience with them, but I'm not quite sure. You guys have any ideas? Thanks.

And yes I do realize that I spelled quality qaulity.... =(

·
Registered
568 Posts
This is a tough one.. I can tell you that I'm not a fan of Nelson. Stuff won't break. I'd get some different test paints and see what you like. Try some Draxxus stuff. Blaze was super last time I used it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
A store owner around here loves to use Kick'n. Its pretty good and not to bad of a price.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
I would second the avoidance with nelson paint. My local field just got rid of it for thier field paint as it just wouldn't come off. The fill would dry into a green bubblegum type consisitancy. Nelson came and cleaned all the masks, bunkers, and ref jerseys (but they wouldn't wash the crap off my truck --- it is still there from the first of may)

Anyway, a decent and cheap paint is the Draxxus blaze, you can sell a case at like $50 and still make some money (even though most places sell it for $60-$90/case)

Stay away from Menace as well -- its a decent paint, but it is in a dark shell and some hoppers have a hard time seeing it (i.e. Any Oddesy hopper).

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Field blaze from draxxus, and some hellfire from draxxus as well. My field sells blaze for $55 a case, and Hellfire for $65. They've tried many different paints, but keep coming back to draxxus. Just make sure to keep it fresh, and rotate the old paint out. Most players would rather have fresh field grade paint than stale, rubberry premiums any day.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Draxxus line is good stuff. Ive also had good experiances with the evil paints and Xball. If I were you I'd start out with Draxxus, but listen to what your customers want and get some of that too. That kind of stuff goes a long way in the eyes of a customer and may help you compete.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All star and marbs are nice, but for winter paint I'd go artic inferno all the way. That Poilar crap didnt work too well when I tried it and I wished I didnt cheap out and would have gotten ARtic Inferno instead

·
Professional Hobo
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are talking with Draxxus right now, looks like we are gonna have a pretty good deal with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts