Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a spyder mr1 and I am currently using Co2. It has very little range/accuracy/power. I am wondering if getting a longer or different kind of barrel will help make it a better gun or if It won't really do anything. I will also be getting a 3000 psi HPA tank. So will that make the gun better?

If getting a new barrel will actually help the gun then

What barrel should I get for more accuracy?

More range/power?

More speed?

More everything?

Thanks

P.S. What is a flatline barrel and would it help for accuracy

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I have a spyder mr1 and I am currently using Co2. It has very little range/accuracy/power. I am wondering if getting a longer or different kind of barrel will help make it a better gun or if It won't really do anything. I will also be getting a 3000 psi HPA tank. So will that make the gun better?

Accuracy is nearly totally decided by the paint you use. An aftermarket barrel will only have a very small improvement on this. Therefore I would recommend a $30 J&J Ceramic.

More range/power?
The longer the barrel (past ~8"), the more velocity you will lose. Therefore something short will help you raise your velocity (power) a VERY slight amount. Range is 100% determined by velocity when not adding some form of lift inducement into the mix.

More speed?
See the velocity comments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So getting a "sniper" barrel 18" or more would only make a gun worse?

And I should get a 14" in correct?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
So getting a "sniper" barrel 18" or more would only make a gun worse?

And I should get a 14" in correct?
yes, an 18" barrel will actually make the markers velocity worse.

12-14" is standard. Over that you're doing nothing but losing velocity. Under that is hard to find quality barrels. Unless you play airball, I'd go with 12", the 14" helps in airball to push bunkers out of the way, but doesn't help with anything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So since I already have a 14" barrel on my Spyder MR1 with a 3000psi Tank, is their anything else I can add to increase the guns performance?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Not that will increase the performance anywhere NEAR what it costs. At this point, the best thing to do is to enjoy using it. Down the road when you decide you need more performance, it's better just to get a new marker. You'll spend more trying to upgrade a low end blowback than a higher performance marker and will end up with a marker that still doesn't perform at the same level.

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts
I have a spyder mr1 and I am currently using Co2. It has very little range/accuracy/power. I am wondering if getting a longer or different kind of barrel will help make it a better gun or if It won't really do anything. I will also be getting a 3000 psi HPA tank. So will that make the gun better? It will make it more consistent

J&J or CP one piece barrels
More range/power?
doesn't exist.
More speed?
more speed? might need a cleaning and a lube. 300fps is the usual cap anyways, so once you hit that you're fine
More everything?

Thanks

P.S. What is a flatline barrel and would it help for accuracy flat line barrel is a tippmann gimmick that adds backspin to a ball that makes it fly straighter, but really doesn't help with breaking a ball on what you're trying to shoot
responses in red

1 - 8 of 8 Posts