Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, first post here. Been playing paintball for a while. I'm not in the loop for what is on the market though. I have a tippmann 98 custom and now my gf wants to start playing. What are some good options for the $100 price range? If it includes a tank then awesome. If not, then oh well, looks like I'll need to spend a little more. She is willing to buy the mask but thats about all she can afford at the moment.

It's a birthday present btw. Suggestions? It doesn't need to be amazing. She won't shoot fast I'm sure, and I'll match ball/barrel for more accuracy. But if you know of a gun that comes pretty accurate stock thats also a plus.

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that seems like a really nice gun. I found a deal on ebay here. Tank and mask and everything. It seems to good to pass up. When I look at other sites it's pretty much the gun for $145. Maybe I can make it a joint gift or something... I'll think of something. She is going to have a better gun than I have it seems. I have an old tippmann 98 custom, lol. But I like it, accurate with the big barrel, and I don't like to shoot fast, more tactical.

Well, thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully I can get this, looks really nice for the price thumup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, that package is a pretty good deal. The mask and stuff isn't the greatest, but it will be good enough for just starting out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a replacement that I can get for the feed neck? Or am I basically stuck with that? I'm also thinking about getting an adapter so she can use my old 14" barrel. If I'm going to split this with someone I can spend a little more :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, I would definitely get a new feedneck. It's cheaper than buying those plastic things in the long run. Feedneck.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I have an AR-1 never used still in box(won at a tournament couple weeks back). I'll let it go for 125. PM me for pics etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is a good deal since a brand new VS1 runs for 145 alone (like you said above). The mask is cheap and the battery is probably 8.4v (not 9.6v), but it seems worth it anyways. I mean, you'd spend an extra 30-40 just buying the extra stuff it comes with.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so I have a new option that just opened up here. Apparently my girlfriend's parents knew someone who sold paintball gear and ended up selling the store. Even though he sold the store I guess he still has a bunch of stuff and will sell it to us cheap (hopefully). Awesome.

I'm going to see him tomorrow. He mentioned that he had a lot of guns made by 'focus'. Anyone ever hear of this brand? I can't seem to find it anywhere online which I'm guessing is a bad sign. If you know of a place that sells them so I could compare prices or if you know anything about them please let me know. I'm not sure what else he has there but he sold his store before the spyder vs1 came out (not sure how long ago that was. What do you think?

If this falls through I'm going for that ebay deal for sure.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Sounds like a cheap spyder clone.

99% chance that the VS1 is the better gun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so I got an awesome deal on a tippmann 98 custom and I couldn't pass it up. $75 for the gun which didn't come with a tank. I asked for a tank and he gave me one that only has a year left before it needs to get tested for $5, not a bad deal at all. Then I just bought a JT Elite N Vader mask for $30 shipped. $110 total, not bad at all!

Now my question. Anyone know the bore size of the stock tippmann barrel? I'm going to be using anarchy balls with my dye xcel and was wondering if I would be able to share with her. If not I guess it's no big deal, but it would be nice to just be able to buy one brand whenever we go.

Thanks for all of your help guys! Much appreciated :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nevermind, I found the stock size. It's .691. I know that the store I go to carries proball which is also .691 so she will have to use those. Hopefully she can get a dye xcel sometime and be able to rock with a bigger ball. Guess that's a mission accomplished guys. Thanks for all of your help thumup:

Edit: In case you were curious where I got the stock size. stock paintball barrel sizes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts