Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright.

I have played paintball with friends sometimes, now, i would like to buy my own paintball gun... the problem is, the longer i am looking for a good one, the more confused i get cuz there are so many guns out there... so... thanks for any ideas and sorry if i ask noob questions... ;-)

ok. my gun should be

- rugged and durable
- powerful (high velocity ? )
- high bps possible (egrip ? )
- good accuracy (sniper upgrades ? )

yop... thats pretty much it... i dont care too much about the look or the weight, etc... i just want a good gun i can play hard with and rock the field ;-)

Black

·
Registered
18 Posts
What price range are you looking at for your gun equipment? Are you more interested in speedball or woodsball?

We can help you narrow down your search if we know the answer to those questions.

Thanks!

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
- rugged and durable ok, just get a gun from a known and proven company and you should be good (no brass eagel)
- powerful (high velocity ? ) No, all guns shoot at the same velocity, or under 300 fps. Any higher and you're putting people in danger.
- high bps possible (egrip ? ) If you look at most professional players, they aren't ripping their guns much at all. They just make sheir shots count. Only real noobs shoot as fast as their fingers will let them when they can't even see the person they want to hit. BPS shouldn't be a problem.
- good accuracy (sniper upgrades ? ) There is no such thing as a sniper in paintball. All guns shoot a paintball that is the same weight at the same velocity, equating to the same distance shot. The only way to shoot farther is to up your velocity and again, put people in danger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i narrow it... the gun can be up to about 500 dollars... and i am more interested in woodland paintball (realistic environment?)

@TheAznInvazn: no such thing as a sniper gun? I heard the SpecOps Longbow is really accurate... ?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Not unless they've developed some ninja uber voodoo that let's defy physics. A well honed tube firing a paintball is a well honed tube firing a paintball...that never changes. they all shoot 300fps, they all fire a little .68cal ball of paint. In fact, according to the physics gurus(the math is over my head), the barrel bore ceases to have an effect on the paint after 8 inches.

if your going to spend that much on one for woods ball, look into an AGD tac-one. And before it's said, AGD is NOT flipping out of business. Don't believe me, go call them. Look up the automag and the tac-one and you;ll see what I'm talking about...that's actually what the longbow was built on, it's just a bolt on kit for a tac-one.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
It's both marketing and a good marker.

Sure it's got a 20" barrel, but the thing that makes guns accurate is Barrel quality, paint quality, and then Paint to Barrel match.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sniper Package

Black Powder,

There are sniper packages out there. People are correct to say that paintballs all have the same velocity, but there are barrels more conducive to sniping. Tippmann paintball guns are ideal for woodsball. They are rock solid, well known, and have a million parts you can get to customize your gun. Tippmann also makes the "Flatline" barrel which allows a paintball to fly up to 250 feet nice and straigt.

Check out this A-5 Tippmann sniper rifle. It fits in your price range and looks pretty awesome. Since it is an A-5, you will have hundreds of barrels, stocks, loaders, etc that you can choose for it. It has a great warranty, excellent Tippmann customer service, and it will be a nice woodsball rifle for you.

Tippmann A5 Qloader Sniper Package - Tippmann - Package Deals - Total PaintBall Gear

Let me know what you think.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Although the flatline allows you to shoot farther because it imparts backspin on the paintball, at those distances, you will rarely get any breaks on any people.

Just stick with stuff that works, no need to try and do anything more than that.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
dude.....

THERE ARE NO SNIPERS IN PAINTBALL. Get that thought out of your head. The flatline does make the ball fly a little farther, but the paint doesn't break at the extra range...not effective.

·
Crafty Vet of Nutball
100 Posts
there should be a sticky saying "THERE ARE NO SNIPERS IN PAINTBALL" I'd read it. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, ok... got it. no sniper rifles in paintball... just markers that are a little more accurate than others... anyway. The A5 looks pretty good... what about the Ion? Hear a lot about that gun... has somebody an actual link? Oh and... i can only buy the longbow kit... what else do I need to get the complete longbow marker? by the way... love this forum... :)

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
wrong yet again. all markers have the capability of being the same accuracy.

What you need to look at i a tippman 98c or a spyder vs1(or older electro spyder). they're two completly different markers, but both should satisfy you very much.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Well, yes, in a sense, all markers shoot the same if using optimal Paint/Barrel match along with good paint, but personally, I think there's one more thing.

The whole recoil and "smooth" shooting effects follow up accuracy. The first shot is going to be the same, just shot after shot after shot, will it be?

A 98c and a VS2 will have the same first shot accuracy, but under rapid fire conditions, the VS2 will beat out the 98c since it cycles much smoother and has very little kick.

But that's just getting technical :) any marker should do

·
394 Posts
Lies. Pros shoot a **** load of paint. Which is to be expected since they have major paint sponsers.

But as stated above the automag is a good durable gun. If you want a electic gun, look into the Proto SLG or the PMR.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
ok, ok... got it. no sniper rifles in paintball... just markers that are a little more accurate than others... anyway. The A5 looks pretty good... what about the Ion? Hear a lot about that gun... has somebody an actual link? Oh and... i can only buy the longbow kit... what else do I need to get the complete longbow marker? by the way... love this forum... :)
No marker is more accurate than another, and recoil is, even in BB guns, usually less than the force applied to the trigger by a finger....if you can't hold a gun on a steady stream, you need to go get some weights from walmart....seriously.

The longbow is built on the AGD tac-one I told you to go look at. You'd need the complete Tac-one, the could bolt the kit to it. If you do this, I would recommend going with a Qloader and the "q" bow setup over the longbow stickfeed, or modifying the stock longbow to accept a normal hopper.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
They make the Ion XE, and it addresses the takedown problem, now it is Bolt Out Back :)

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The ion is still overpriced for what you can get in a comparable spyder.

almost 160$ less on a top of the line vs1 package compared to an ion with a crappy tank.....and the vs1 is just as good a gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, thanks.... i got some pretty good ideas, i think... :) well just one more thing: the flatline barrel.... is ist like the most accurate barrel for the a5? How does ist work?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
He's got it pretty well right....

I find them terribly inaccurate if they paint is not top-quality and matched to the barrel. We get horrible velocity fluctuations out of them with cheaper paint all the time....sometimes the nubbin on the "hop(it works like hop-up on an airsfot gun) will over or under catch the paint. Definitely not worth wasting the money on, half the people that "swear by them couldn't tell you the difference without one.

I, once again,woudl recommend giving the tac-one a look over the A-5. With a pneumag mod it will be a more durable, consistent, and versatile marker, and shoot a good bit faster. Catch me on aim if you would like more info about them....you can build any style of mag with a tac-one body.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts