Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm gonna have to give another point to swaybar link. It's attached to one end of a swaybar, I can tell that much. I really can't think of a better name for it. Looks cheap though. Take it to a mechanic unless you have a good parts site. BTW, the design is horrible. That itty-biddy rod holds the entire sway bar on your car. Way to go Nissan!

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help guys :tup:

and no thats not the only thing holding the sway bar on there are 4 brackets that hold it in place 2 of them are bolted to the frame these come down from the ends of the sway bar to the LCAs to help improve handling

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i know nobody cares but f150's snap these like nobodies business.

go look at an f150 in a parking lot or something, if you find 5 f150's a guarentee at least one of them have broken sway links

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PAT McCORMICK said:
i know nobody cares but f150's snap these like nobodies business.

go look at an f150 in a parking lot or something, if you find 5 f150's a guarentee at least one of them have broken sway links

now i know this is gonna sound bad but is it really worth replacing or should i just pull it off

cause none of my local part storesshow a number to even order it and i went to 3 jusnk yards looking for one and didnt find one

·
Registered
599 Posts
You could just junk it. The only difference it will make is that the car will handle like a boat (more than it does). I'm not sure how familiar with cars you are, but all a swaybar does is counteract the "boat-like lean" that really heavy cars have. A vehicle can be driven without one; it just puts a LITTLE more stress onto the other parts of the suspension.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i am only gonna pull that one end for now cause i want to replace it but i have to find one and now its rubbing on the bushings when i turn hard and i dontwant to tear those up

and its a truck its not like i am trying to road race it lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts