Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need help choosing a shotgun. and a handgun

i am going to buy a shot gun this thursday and i need a little help picking one. I will be using it as a self defense gun i work in the ghetto alot and have to go into crack houses to board them up so i need something sort like a entry wepon and i cant get a hand gun cause i am not 21 so thats out just looking for some info on a good shotgun that would be practical for what i need thanks for the help

and i need a good hand gun for about 200-300

tl;dr i need a shotgun and a handgun

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are a few member that i know will post in here and that know an assload about guns and this is directed to them so unless you have some usefull info to add to the thread get the hell out and have a nice day this is directed to t33kyboy

as of now i am looking at the mossberg 500 with a pistol grip lmk if thats a good choice

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
how much you looking to spend?

whatever you buy, as a self defense gun i would buy an autoloader.if you need compact there are carbon and fiber stocks that you can get with folding butts and pistol style handles. i would get no larger than a 20 gauge, a 4-10 probably would not hurt(especialy if yo want to fire it in a stockless configuration.....you DO NOT want to try that without knowing what your doing, you will break bones). if your looking for a defense gun, i wold not buy anything over a full choke, possible a half choke. modified is going to spray to short apattern for close range work.

·
Registered
678 Posts
i dont like pistol grips last one i had hurt my wrist shooting it

i dont suggest getting an expencive one try a 20 gauge pump at walmart (if they have them at yours)
you could get a youth gun for like 10 year olds and such there desently small

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
nah, i wouldnt go for a pump. They look bada$$ but not any better. I got a Shotgun for about $200, comes with 4 different choke sizes. And its Semi-Automatic. Holds 4 shots. I would suggest something like that.

·
Registered
678 Posts
how many guys are gonna come after you?
i dont really think youll need a semi automatic shotgun to defend yourself

but dont buy a single shot or double barrel you might need that other round if more then one guy comes to rob/kill/rape you ;)

i think a semi is overkill but what ever

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
nissantunerdude said:
i am going to buy a shot gun this thursday and i need a little help picking one. I will be using it as a self defense gun i work in the ghetto alot and have to go into crack houses to board them up so i need something sort like a entry wepon and i cant get a hand gun cause i am not 21 so thats out just looking for some info on a good shotgun that would be practical for what i need thanks for the help

tl;dr i need a shotgun
You mean that they will sell you a shotgun if your under the age of 21, but not a handgun? :?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Generally, you do NOT want a semi shotgun for self defense. Shotguns are more prone to jamming then semi rifles and handguns, and they tend to jam worse, and be harder to unjam.
This is the #1 reason why the military and LEOs use pumps.

There DOES exist dual-use shotguns that are SEMI, but can convert to pump when jammed. I think Bennelli makes them?

Anyway, as far as the best self-defense shotgun? I'd say the 590 Mossberg.
Its the most popular gun for LEO, and has all the cool features. (ie 9-shot mag, extra mag in the stock, heat-sheild, etc, etc). I bought mine at WalMart through there "special order" catalog.

Up until last year, it was illegal to put pistol grips on it... But now it has very nice "Butler Creek" grips, with a nice metal folding stock. Before I sold it, it had a over/under with a dot-site. Very, very sweet self-defense gun.

Before you ask.... I used it for hunting deer in the rain.

Nick

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so at 18 i could own and transport a handgun but not purchase one righy?
edit also could the gun be a gift from a friend or does it have to be a realative or parent?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
get one of the mossbergs that come from the factory w/ tactical pistol grip and sawed off barrel. i've forgotten if they're the 500 series or the 800 series. they feel really nice and of course are mossberg quality.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
nissantunerdude said:
I will be using it as a self defense gun i work in the ghetto alot and have to go into crack houses to board them up
What kinda occupation you got?

oh yea, and pics when you kill someone.. ;0

1 - 20 of 58 Posts