Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Im still new to paintball and i need help deciding on a few used markers because i just dont know enough about each one. I like buying markers that you dont see every other person having at the field. I myself have a mint condition 2008 bob long vice, and i recently bought a inspire bfg. The markers ive been looking at getting are..

a Macdev tactical drone with upgrades for $450

a Evil minion with upgraded feedneck for $100

a WDP Angel G7 Fly for $350

an Angel A1 fly rasta edition for $450

or a bob long 2001 Alien species intimidator, bone stock for $300

If you guys could share some input on which deal you think is the best and why, thanks!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tactical drone is just a milsim looking drone dx, actually has rails on it. But performs the exact same. The intimidator looks to be in pretty rough shape judging by the pics, so 300 seemed to be pretty pricey.

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
I think the guns you already have are perfect
But if i had to choose the timmy and the minion are real nice guns i dont really like the tactical drone

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Minion 6 or 7? UL frame? If it's a Minion 7 w/ UL frame, I'd take that. I LOVE the way they shoot.

Hate the frame on the G7. However, it's basically a bulletproof design that despite Angel no longer being around will probably still last for years and years. It's not light though, and the battery may give you issues as it starts to die. However, I think there are still a couple manufacturers that make aftermarket boards for those that take 9V's.

Love the A1 Fly. One of my all time favorite poppets, if not the SINGLE all time favorite poppet. Put the dlite stem & valve body, and STR ram with the booster2 bolt, and it'll be smooth as all get out, easy to take care of, and reliable as anything made.

Not a big fan of tactical look, so the Drone I'd pass on most definitely.

Never been a huge fan of pre gen4 Timmies either. Besides, you already have one, time to move onto something else.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and i forgot to mention another marker. I was deciding over the evil minion, or almost a brand new diablo slayer for 100 as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to make a new post but since it would be pretty much the exact same topic but different markers, i thought id just add to this lol. Im getting bored with my bob long vice, i LOVE it and it works perfectly. I just like having a few markers to shoot lol. Ive seen a few used Angel A1 flys, or Angel G7 flys for around 400 dollars. So i was deciding between those and a brand new proto reflex rail. What would you all recommend? Ive been interested in the 2012 reflex rail but the one thing that i HEAR, is bad about it, is what i look for most in a marker, which is air efficiency. No point having a nice marker that shoots straight but only 3-4 pods on a 68/4500 lol. Id be happy with around 5 pods and a hopper. thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
really eh! id be very happ with that. Ive only seen one efficiency test with the reflex but it was with the 2011 version, and on a 68/4500 he shot 6 pods. So i guess they made some changes :p. I had a steel tank 48/3000 and a G4 and i only got a hopper and 3 pods max and it was just frustrating because i wouldnt even last the length of the game or get hit. Walk off the field because of lack of air lol. Thing that sucks is the field i play at has a very very old world war 2 air compressor that fills to 3000 psi. So thats why i like the guns that are better on air lol

D

·
0 Posts
Wait until Monday?

With a little luck - and over a week to get it in stock..my PRR should be available for play some time this week. I'll be able to tell you - only being re-lubed...fresh out the box, at 280fps..how many pods I'm able to snap off.

And I use a 50... so it'll be light about a 15/45...heh

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ohhh dont forget to tell me! lol, another one i was thinking about along with the Proto reflex rail was a macdev drone, but we shall see.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
really eh! id be very happ with that. Ive only seen one efficiency test with the reflex but it was with the 2011 version, and on a 68/4500 he shot 6 pods.
was that a mike test?

if it was you have to remember he almost never gets a full fill on his tanks and typically chronos just shy of 300fps not the field typical 285

1 - 20 of 31 Posts