Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No red rings or anything..it plays for like 10 mins and then it freezes and I get this, It happened twice and I got fuzziness and the third time it froze but with no fuzziness.

Please don't tell me that this is my halo 3 disc...But then again I'd rather it be my disc than my Xbox. I just tried it again and I played it for like 20 mins no problems so I dont know.. Well any help is appreciated. I posted this on another forum and I had some people tell me it was my disc and another told me it was my xbox.. Oh and I forgot to mention how my disc is basically flawless..so im definitely :confused:

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Does it happen with any other games?

If not for the fact that it freezes I would say it's the video card in the XBox. Though, it could still be.

Does it always freeze in the same spot (or close to it)? Or is it if you leave the XBox on for ~10 minutes, it freezes?

-Jin

·
Registered
588 Posts
I bet it is the Xbox. I look on xboxscene forums alot and I remember something similar to this. Hopefully Microsoft will repair it for free if it is the xbox

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think it happens with any other games I havent really played any others much since I got Halo 3. No it doesnt have a spot that it freezes at.. it seems like its random.

I was just playing for prolly 30-45 mins fine and it did it again. It made this weird, kind of high pitch crackling sound for like 1-2 secs and then totally frozen.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Where'd you buy it and when? It may still be under a store warranty. If not, I'd contact MS A.S.A.P. There's a problem - why wait to fix it? You might just make it worse, which means more money.

Also, I'd suggest searching to find what causes the problem. You never know, you might be able to fix it yourself. PS2 disk read errors are really easy to fix.

-Jin

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not exactly sure on the date but it was this year..maybe a couple months ago at Best Buy. I didnt buy their plan. But wouldn't it be under Microsofts plan? Dont they have like a year warranty anyway?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts