Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Football conditioning has started and we have to run alot. I need a good pair of running shoes/crosscountry or whatever. If you know a good pair reccomend them, money is no option.

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Well I run a lot, and I always just use basic adidas/nike cost around $30, and they work just fine while they last. New Balance has always worked well for me too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I run a lot also. I train in Addidas. Oasics makes good shoes that i race in .Its all about personal preference. Something Light with a good sole, and nuthign that crowds up ur toes. All low tops also!! Just keep it comfy and sorty light !

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Do you have a narrow or wide foot?

Also, do you know if you pronate in or out when you run? If you don't know, you should ask someone to watch you jog in a straight line for a little while, and they should be able to determine it.

Oh yah, and are you flat footed or high arched?

Edit: Well I just realised I won't be able to get on the internet for a few days, so I won't be able to get your information and get a good shoe for you. Personally I'd only go with Nike or Aasics. I would reccomend the Air Structure Triax from Nike, it's a good all around shoe. A little spendy though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Shox are heavy. Look at eastbay for some running shoes

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
im flat footed...so i go to this foot doctor to get this nifty inserts that fix it so my feet dont hurt...anyways..he said new balance are the best running shoes u can get...he said they support ur feet real well and dont put to much stress on ur knees and such...

·
Registered
116 Posts
just get one of those new balance ones. they are light and really comfortable. dont get one of the niki slip on things. not good for running. ur feet slip around way too much

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
From my XC runnnig experience, I'd recommend adidas. I owned a pair of Nikes that deteriorated so fast that they didn't even last one season. The adidas that I owned we're lighter than the nikes and lasted 2 xc and long distance track seasons.

From what I've heard talking to other distance runners is that new balance are usually heavier but are extremly durable. I'd still say buy adidas, they rock my socks right off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ComradeMolyneux you should never run that long on tha same shoes. Suppose to get new ones about every six months , but I wear addidas and they hold up well.

Post some of ur results in Cc or track from last season I would just like to see !! thanx

I placed 6th in Class B State meet.

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want a shoe that absorbs shock so my foot doesn't hurt, that is light and kinda pushes along a little bit.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Of all the shoes I've tried for running (I do it every day, I wake up at 3:45 to do it...don't ask why) two brands stand above all others: Saucony and New Balance. It's impossible to go wrong with either company's shoes- they treat runners much in the same way AMD treats gamers. Nike isn't known for running so their reputation in this field is pretty sketchy...the problem with them is that since they make every type of shoe they aren't experts in any of them. Except maybe basketball.

Seriously though- Saucony and New Balance are the only choices you will not regret.

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was in the foot locker store and took everything you guys said into account. It really came down to two shoes I liked, which were the nike shox and the Addidas shox. The addidas ones seemed to have better support but the running nike shox were so light I liked them. I picked up those and some inserts for a buck twenty.

The New balance were okay, They just didn't seem to fit my running style as much as all the shox shoes.

Thanks for all the advice you guys had.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Trust Duo and I. New Ballance and Sauccany. I've had countless CC coaches tell me the same thing. Just because those shoes have fake "shox" doesn't mean they'll spring you along.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts