Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the sport. I was trying to find a decent beginner gun and bought an xe off Ebay. It was supposed to be a really nice upgraded gun that would shoot 20+ pbs. When I got the gun it wouldn't even fire 3 feet..lol I have enough experience to do a little trouble shooting. I just decided to take it to the shop and have them check it out. It's supposed to have a tadao board but they said it's a stock board. I would like to verify for myself what board it is before I give the guy a neg feedback. I'm at the point to where I don't trust anybody. I figured I try here first before i searched around the web.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
So... do you have pics or any kind of description of the board?

Did you try programming it the stock board way or the Tadao board way?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the guy at the bing shop told me they had to set it to factory settings. If it was my gun and was purchased new, I would have done that, but i had just got it in the mail and was supposed to be able to rip through some paint. I decided to take it to the shop and see what I had bought. It does have a nice trigger and a clamping feedneck. Apparently every thing else is stock. Had I known everything about smart parts history, I wouldn't have bought one of their guns. But I'm learning. I paid $225 for the marker. How bad did i get taken? Im going to youtube to look up some video on changing the board. I went ahead and bought an Invert Mini for me and my son.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
sounds like a stock xe to me, if its in super nice condition you didnt get taken too badly but if it was advertised as upped then he did lie to you on that point unless this was originally a normal ion and he put ion xe parts on it.

the mini is a good shooter, just a word of advise, never take apart the regulator, bad idea

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Trbo323 for the advise. I'll take all I can get. It was an original XE in the box. It's in good shape, just wish he wouldn't have lied about the board.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ehh i wouldnt worry about it, boards are pretty useless unless your playing tournys, and even then most stock boards have all major modes on them now a days

if you have any questions on that mini feel free to ask, i know the thing inside and out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I finally got around to taking some pictures of the board. Does the Tadao board look just like the stock board to the tee? Cuz this one does. He swears it's a tadao so if anybody has one please let me know so I can get his feedback squared away. the numbers on the board are top:1527RAC and lower: D2F-FL.:rolleyes:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts