Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Alcohol.

I used to have one of those Disc Doctor things, it worked pretty good actually, if something was scrathed badly.

If its scratched through the layers or on the label side though you won't be fixing it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If this is just with xbox games, be aware that the older dvd-rom drives in xbox's fail all the time. If the disk works in other box's you need to get you xbox fixed. (PM me if you find out you need a new drive)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Toothpaste works with small scratches, but not the big ones. I had never heard of hot wax, and i probably wouldnt try because if its spinning at high RPM and its hot inside, the wax might melt and splatter the inside of the drive.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toothpaste works with small scratches, but not the big ones. I had never heard of hot wax, and i probably wouldnt try because if its spinning at high RPM and its hot inside, the wax might melt and splatter the inside of the drive.

yeah i was kinda thinking of that happening too, i don't want to risk destroying my 360 for a scratch.

·
12,110 Posts
A CD has a bunch of tiny little holes... When you scratch it, your gouging out those holes. Using toothpaste on a CD is similar to using sandpaper on a rough piece of wood... Your just smoothing down the outside.

But, if theres a giant gouge in the wood, a simple piece of fine grit sandpaper isn't going to do anything.

So what I'm saying is, sometimes your CDs are destroyed and you should just go out and buy new ones.

·
Registered
383 Posts
or a wonderful thing to do is take care of ur discs..
Truth.

Try calling around shops that sell used games, I have one around here that will resurface cd's for a couple bucks.

Or there are kits you can buy to fill in the scratches... But it takes a while and doesn't work very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts