Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98Custom, and the wifey got me a 68/4500 nitro tank for it. With the tank directly on the marker it works fine, but when I use a 32 degrees remote I have, the gun fires once and then cycles full auto till the tank empties or I shut it off. I actually called Tippmann and they told me I should buy a Tippmann remote, cause the 32 deg. remote isnt big enough, and the marker is starved for air. Im having a problem finding a remote made by Tippmann, they will only sell to dealers. Anyone have a similar problem, does this sound right to anyone, or could the problem be something else?? Thanks for the help!!

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Well, it does sound like the gun is being starved for air. That could be caused by two things really. Not enough pressure from the tank, or not enough flow through the gas lines/remote.

Since the gun works fine with the tank mounted right up to it, I'd rule out the tank being the problem. But just to be sure, what brand is it? Is it high or low pressure output? or adjustable? If its Highpressure output or adjustable and turned to the high side it'll be fine. If its low pressure it might be good enough to be directly attached but the extra constriction of the remote might be choking it off.

A different remote is a possibility, something with better flow: larger internal diameter air hose and better flow through the fittings. But that might not be the problem anyway. The on/off part of the remote might not be activating the tank's pin valve fully.

You can probably test that fairly easy. Setup the gun and remote, put the tank on. Be sure that the on/off is all the way engaged. Let it sit for a minute or two, then fire the first shot. If it doesn't re****, try again but give it a little more time. If it does re**** properly, wait again and try again anyway.

Now that would be a horrible way to have to play, but you have identified the remote as the problem. Could return it for another one, or something else...it isn't working properly.

What sorts of check valves or so forth are installed? Just a quick disconnect? Nothings gumming it up?

If worse comes to worse I would try modifying for more air flow. But then again, its behavior like that that is the reason I have so many things laying around in pieces.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a Pure energy tank with a 850 psi reg. It hooks up w/ just a QC right to the ASA, nothing else fancy. Never thought the on off could be the culprit. Im gonna have to find a Tippmann remote, hope its bigger, and try that, there is a Tippmann dealer aboot a 1/2 hour from me, so ill have to check there...wish I could just buy it from Tippmann. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts