Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to say that this is not my gun, so my lack of knowledge does have some reason behind it. My brother bought it in '05, so I'm guessing that it's the '04 model. It worked fine for the first few times at the field, some bad shoot down and inconsistency's due to the awful stock reg, but not too bad as a whole. I hooked it up the other day to see if it would still work, dry-fired it a few times to break it back in. But when I tried to put some paint through it, it shot about five feet and that was it, barely enough power to push the paint through the barrel. And yes I did check the reg and adjust it to make sure it just wasn't turned down. I'm wondering what could be wrong with it. My guess is that some thing's a little off with the PDS or the detents.;0

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
make sure the bolt is not in upside down, make sure the regulators are set properly as well. zero them both out, turn the hpr to 220ish, then turn the lpr in till the bolt cocks and you hear a leak. then back it out about 1/4 of a turn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, because I really want to get it working for a back up gun. Or heck use it as my main gun since I didn't listen to good advice, and now my Ion is leaking like there's no tomorrow. You don't think using Co2 could have anything to do with it, because I have to drive about 30 miles right now to get Nitro and I've been using co2 some.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
be VERY careful when using co2 with it. shoot VERY VERY slowly and keep the tank upright at all times. Even doing this, I can't recommend doing it. is it leaking? if not i doubt your solenoid is blown.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it's not leaking at all, and when I dry fired it the other day it seemed like nothing was wrong until I put some paint in it. I didn't even put a hopper on it, I just hand fed about 10 balls through the feedneck. Last night I took the eye covers off each side, and on one side there was an o-ring just sitting on one side that looked really out of place, but I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
those o-rings are your detents, it seems silly, but theat's why they are there.

try re-lubin everything, including your regulators. Also make sure that your tank is screwed in completly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took it out earlier to try using some nitrogen with it, but my tank had about 700 left in it, so there wasn't enough air to get any paint out of the barrel. I'll probably take the reg off tonight and re-lube it. That's probably all I'll lube since the bolt is the stock delrin.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
lube the ram as well. use paintball grease, not oil. dow33 works, even radio shack gel lube will work in a pinch.
700pis whoudl most definately be enough to get it to fire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts