Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i'm going to eighth grade and there is always a talent show at teh end of the year. me and my friend wanna get a group of people together to play a song. he plays quitar and i play drums. i am pretty experienced with drum too. We need to think of a song to play so we can start practicing it. We were thinking smells like teen spirit by nirvana. Do you guys have any suggestions? we need a song that is relatively easy to play and it needs to be a "fun" song. thanks guys. later

·
Registered
493 Posts
do Mother's Day by Stephen Lynch

thank you dear lady,
for being my mom,
you did all my homework,
you took me to prom,

and i was the only guy,
who got lucky that night.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
wow, your only going into the 8th grade? damn theyres some young ppl on here.

anyway. as bigballa said, make a parody of a song, you are singing it too not just playing right?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
xWesXHimselfx said:
Wow.
Smells like teen spirit is the first song my band played together.. or my old band that I quit played together.

mine too.. thats weird

probably cause the song is so easy.

in my 8th grade talent show, my band played an mxpx song. "chick magnet"

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Don't play smells like teen spirit, please.

Do Under the Bridge.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
canon rock by jerryc, everyone will love you, i'm going to get a group together to play it at my schools impersonation assembly, i'm impersonating pachelbel

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
classic rock is the way to go, cause EVERYBODY likes it, unlike modern music, which half of the people like and half the the people hate *cough*me

if you guys are damn good, try something by rush or boston, like tom sawyer or more than a feeling

if you arent prodigies, try something like shiny happy people holding hands by REM :D

that or something by the beatles, or maybe build me up buttercup.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yerah i'm pretty good on drums. i'll look into that stephen lynch stuff since a few reccomended it and we'll try some blink 182.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
dude dont ruin it with ****ty music from blink :dodgy:

i have two brothers who are verrrrrrry good at drums (i mean rediculously good) and they could do all punk songs within a few months of drumming. if you want to impress people, play something from neil pert or john bonham, or maybe even some form of swing music

1 - 20 of 27 Posts