Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the forums.

I just purchased a used DM6 off a guy who played tournament ball for the Naughty Dogs. It's a very nice looking marker which he included 3 barrels, 2 masks, pants, a pod pack, and a hopper for $300. I was unable to test fire the marker while at his house, which is a ferry ride and some miles behind the wheel (I know, dont judge me)

Anyways, I get it home, turn it on, it lights up, I'm excited.... then I add air, put the hopper on, ready to rock and NOTHING. I replaced the battery, and you can hear the electronics sound, but the gun is not firing. I took the marker apart, made sure all o-rings were intact, lubed, etc... Still nothing.

I took it over to another tourny players house, and he messed with it... Did the same thing I did. Messed with the regulator, made sure we backed it out and forth, messed with the bolt, we can see that when you add air, there's enough pressure to push the bolt back, it just doesn't seem to cycle.

The marker also has a LUCKY BOARD inside it.

Could use some serious help here folks. I appreciate any advice or quick fixes you may have.

Thanks!!

Mike

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but is there air in your tank? If so, have you adjusted the LPR properly? the LPR regulates the air that moves the bolt back and forth. If it's set too low, you won't be able to fire the marker.

Also, if there's nothing blocking the eyes in the feedneck, it's not going to fire. stick a stick squeegee or something into the feedneck (or use it with paint) and see what happens. do NOT use your finger, or any other body part, you'll be injured.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
when you are ready to shoot, what color is the LED light? and it is blinking at all?

also, DM6s have an on/off under the barrel, if it has not been replaced it is a small silver knob, make sure that is on

otherwise, I would start with the tank like martix said and then the LPR

also, reset the board to factory settings

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I prefer to call it the bayonet, but yeah, that's what it's for. Ostensibly you could turn the airflow to the marker off to troubleshoot other leaks. However, anyone who actually USED this on/off would find that the orings would shred themselves almost every time you used it. Since it was so ugly anyway (unless you were doing civil war re-enactments), it was best just to replace it with a CF plug.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
i never had issues with o-rings, the big problem with it is that it pokes you in your off hand while shooting.

that and any competent player who is getting a high end marker is going to have a on/off asa anyway, so why would you need 2 on the same marker?

The only thing that can be considered nice about it is in the back woods you can cut off the air flow without wasting all the air in the marker (saving you all of like 2 shots vs an on/off bleed asa) and if memory is correct it is a non-purge as well so you still have air in the dump chamber and LPR meaning the marker can still fire until you get rid of that anyway

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so here we go...

1.) Yes the tank has air in it, and my buddy put his tank on there as well.

2.) I messed with the LPR while hooked up to air, and nothing.

3.) I tried firing it while paint was in the chamber and nothing, I turned the eyes off and still nothing.

It sound like little puffs of air when I pull the trigger, but there is not enough going on there to cycle the bolt. Last night I placed the bolt forward, then added air, and there was enough to pull the bolt back. I removed the bolt to see if air was getting in there, and yes there is air getting into that cahmber.

Not sure what else to do fellas, I appreciate your quick responses.

Any other ideas, Im all ears..

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
1. FActory reset board (download manual for instructions)
2. Zero both regs and reset to Dye specs (download manual for instructions)
3. clean and relube with Dow33 LIGHTLY the entire bolt/guide/can orings.

Try again. Sounds like either your dwell is too low to allow it to fire (unlikely), you're getting bolt stick (most likely), or you've got a bad seal somewhere not allowing the bolt to come entirely forward.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
one thing on the instructions that miller gave you

Dye messed up in the DM6 manual and there is a typo for the factory LPR setting, the manual will say factory setting is 5 turns out this is NOT TRUE. factory setting is 75psi which is 3 turns out

if the marker is not leaking i would also say check the lube

honestly though this still sounds like an LPR or dwell issue because what you are describing is exactly what happens when there is not enough air into the noid from the LPR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have messed with the LPR, and now the gun seems to leak. I again adjusted the LPR and now cant seem to get the leak to stop. DAMN!! I spoke with the guy who sold me the marker and he has agreed to refund my money, get the marker fixed at a pro shop, then re-sale the marker later. Think this is my only option? I really like how the gun looks and feels, however it does me no good if it doesn't fire. I truly apprecaite all your responses on this matter. It has a lucky board and I'm trying to find a manual for it in order to figure out how to set the dwell. Turning the marker on and holding down the trigger does nothing.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
oh a lucky board? I've got one of those manuals saved on my computer from the last time me and miller tried to track it down.
do you know what chip it has in it?

As for the leaking, it sounds like you need to replace some orings. Since it's so old, you may as well buy a full oring kit and replace them all.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Think this is my only option?
no, if you want to pay shipping both ways throw $5 in and I will tech it and rebuild it for you

If it needs any parts you will buy them but I have had my DM6 for....5? years now. know it inside and out and if its something that can be fixed I can do it

otherwise you can either get your money back from the seller and may or may not be able to buy it from him again at the same price or try to find another one or just take it into a shop yourself in which case you are probably looking at $35 minimum (in my experience at least) and (also in my experience) it may or may not be fixed when it comes back to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure how to figure out what chip it has... Where would I find that? It says LUCKY DPM 6v12.

Trbo... where you located in Washington? Im over in Bremerton just outside Port Orchard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts