Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i pump my phantom vsc its kinda sticky or like sticking and its too hard to cock... which it shouldnt be. I took it apart and cleaned it and its still sticking.
I also want to put a regular hopper and feed neck on the thing is that possible? cuz theres only one screw hole on the top

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
ok... sounds like you fixed your problem, though I'm totally understanding what it was in the first place.

As for the feedneck and hopper, i'm pretty sure it can be done. You just need to find the right parts.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
For the standard hopper your going to want to look for a center feed body. I have seen them for around $30-$100. depending on were you look.

Also if you get one, you will need on of the elbows like what goes on most spyders

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems like if i found the right sized screw or something to stop the screw and then got a clamping feed neck that would work... cuz the tube feeding thing is on the top just has one hole instead of two and its not sliding around

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i dont see pump accessories or parts selling at places like slothball or actionvillage or any sites really... is there a site where i can find parts or stuff or even just a list of things i could get so i can look em up

·
Registered
8 Posts
wevopaintball.com a lot of Pump gear / phantom parts.

(im assuming your phantom is stockclass right now) you'll need to get a different breech to make it open class. (look on wevo)

as for the stickiness, it could be that the pump is new and the spring is still stiff.. or take apart your gun and lube it, that should smooth it up.

-Dg

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can take a spyder feedneck that screws into the body and attach it to the stock class breach with a single screw. I wouldn't suggest using anything larger than a pocket hopper with it though. I don't know of any that have ripped out but I wouldn't trust it with a full sized hopper. Also, you wouldn't need an elbow in that case.

You can also order stuff from Mike directly at CCI.

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive lubed it before but that didnt work, but i found out that it was the pump rubbing up against the barrel and that i needded to sand down the inside of the pump in order for it to move freely. But its still kinda bootleged.
But no mines an old one.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Just get a center feed body. don't go hooking a pocket hopper to your stock feed you will just end up breaking it and you are just playing modified stock then. Might as well go to open pump class. get on wevo as mentioned above or call mike direct at cci. Other wise check ebay nation or here mcarterbrown will also have several in the for sale section. Should be relatively cheap. Open class pump is alot of fun I play all day like that.

You shouldn't have a problem with the barrel rubbing unless you have something aftermarket. Bootlegging is what pump play is all about its how paintball was born. Don't do anything above your level that may hurt the gun or yourself but thats how paintball innovated from a couple dudes playing with us forestry tree marking guns to a huge sport that it is today. Sand away make it smooth get rid of the spring I don't use mine on my ccm either. makes it smooth like butter.

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, i figured out that it was cuz of the stiffi that was on it, it was making the pump arm grind down on it. Deff don wanna buy a new paintball gun dont have the money considering i just bought 2 lol... but anyways, i wound up taking my dremel to the inside, and now its smooth, not as smooth as lets say butter, but smooth enough. Eventually i might wind up getting a new pump arm and a feed neck and just use a tiny ass hopper, but id probably just use my cocker if i wasnt gonna play stock class.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
yea with alot of barrels they are fitted for the phantom but yet still aren't perfect an older phantom might not fit as good as a new one. had you sent it off to white wolf or something like that they would be doing the same thing grinding it down. they make some pump handles that are bigger or you could get an undercocking kit for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts