Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to paintball and i bought a spyder xtra 2005 (heres a picture) http://www.paintball.com.gr/E-shop/Markadoroi/markers/KINGMAN/Kingman Spyder Xtra Gun Black.m.m150.jpg
now im planning on buying a smart parts teardrop barrel around 14-16 inch barrel. Will that barrel be good for my marker? if not what would be a good barrel? and also i plan on buying diablo formula 13 paintballs and i dont know if that paint will be good with my barrel i have not tried it before. i know how to test it but i dont own the barrel or paint yet. also what other upgrades should i get for my marker? i heard a new bolt is good. and can c02 be upgraded to drop forward? Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I do not recommend the SP Teardrop Barrel. I have never like these barrels. I have tried several of them on my old Spyder AMG Classic. Pickup a J&J Ceramic or a Pepperstick (both around $40 - $50) Don't go cheap on the barrel. Stick with the 12 - 14 Inch Barrel Length, being 14 Inch MaX!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im probably going to go with a smart parts progressive which is about 35-40$ i read a whole bunch of reviews and it got a 9.3 rating with 60 reviews and teardrop seems good to it got a 9.3 with 450 ish reviews. i dont really know what ur talking about pepperstick and boomstick because i am new. do u know any good barrels 14 inches that could be better then a progressive or teardrop for probably 55 dollars maybe a little more? and if its longer i heard its more accurate but i also heard that there isnt a difference. plz reply

·
Registered
89 Posts
Depending where you live, Scheels All Sport Carries the J&J Ceramic, otherwise hit up paintballgear.com They are a very reputible site and are decent about their prices. Hope this helps.

Peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts