Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda new to the sport and haven't played very long. I am looking at a marq 7. On a site that I looked at it said that I need a LP or HP tank, but LP is recommended. Will a Pure Energy 3000 psi tank work with this gun? Sorry for the stupid question. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm fairly sure that the tank you mention is a HP tank, and it should be fine. There aren't many markers out there that require LP tanks anymore. Also, HP tanks have better resale value down the road.

So the straight answer is, YES. Any tank you use should be fine since the marker has an inline reg which will drop the pressure down to whatever pressure the marker requires.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I am kinda new to the sport and haven't played very long. I am looking at a marq 7. On a site that I looked at it said that I need a LP or HP tank, but LP is recommended. Will a Pure Energy 3000 psi tank work with this gun? Sorry for the stupid question. :)
The number you have listed is not the output pressure of the tank. The 3000psi is how high the tank can be filled, it is not referred to as low pressure. The 2 common fill types are 3000 and 4500psi.

You need to pay attention to the output of the tank. Hp and lp tanks are the two varities. HP tanks are ones that output 800 or sometimes 850psi. An lp tank outputs generally 450 or 500psi. Typically smaller tanks like steel bottle 45/3000s only come in a HP output.

So basically you haven't really told me the correct info for your tank so that I can help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts