Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you have probably noticed, Invert was a bunch of morons when making the mini and did not use standard o-ring sizes, this puts people in a pinch sometimes when they do not have a ring of a specific size to replace a damaged one or the one that just went flying across the room only to be found when the socks missing from the dryer appear.

So I decided to go through my mini and find out if standard rings will work anywhere in it for just a situation like this and sure enough they do! I do not intend this as a rebuild, there are kits out there for the mini, but if in a pinch and you have standard sizes on hand this will enable you to keep playing for the day

My disclaimer is this, i have pressure tested and dry fired my mini with the ring sizes below individually, i did not change out all the o-rings at once to test it, i did the o-rings that were the same size at the same time but after i found they worked would put the stock ones back on and move onto the next ones, so again this is not intended as a rebuild and i have not shot any paint through the marker with these on so i do not know it it will effect velocity at all.

the o-ring on the front of the bolt is obviously a custom one so nothing on it

rear bolt- 2x #17
front of bolt guide- 4x #11
rear bolt guide- 3x #17
bolt guide cap- 1x #14
poppet o-ring- 1x #13

the #11 rings on the front of the bolt guide are a very tight fit and i used Buna Nitrile o-rings, i do not know if it will work with polyurethane rings since they have to stretch quite a bit, i also had to cut them off after i was done

as you probably notice this s only for the bolt assembly, but it is every o-ring in there and they work, the rest of the marker i could not find o-rings that would work since the stock ones are very thin (with the exception of the top of the noid which a #4 or #5 should work, i have #3 and #6, neither of which worked but were the correct thickness) I did not go into the regulator either, in my experience the thing is a PITA so i didnt want to get into it.

hope this helps

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i just wrote them down in my manual, knowing me though ill end up buying a couple of rebuid kits because im always over-prepared, but i was wondering if they could work so i sat down for an hour and tore through it, then mixed up some spool valve lube like miller said to so i can keep playing in the cold with my 6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts