Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok first I just want to say I've had my mini for over a month now and have used it 4 of the last 6 weekends. It is a phenominal marker and works like a charm. However I recently started noticing that after a few hours of play. Before the start of a new game and I take a test shot the first shot either has no pressure behind it or the paint its breaking upon barrel exit. After that it shoots fine. There have been no barrel breaks and it hasnt chopped a paintball yet. Ive heard it could be the selonoid. And I've thought maybe its the paint. The marker was brand new when I got it. Any help to fix the problem would be great. oh I miss spelled shot in the title sorry

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
hmmm, FSDO in a mini thats a new one but, id say first check your paint to barrel match, if its too tight that is a big problem, also check your detents, it could be that one is rolling into the barrel and then the second ball hits it and they both explode looking like a barrel break. beyond that when was the last time you lubed it and have you ever replaced any o-rings or has anyone else?

id also take a close look at the poppet seal, replace it if you have another and same with the o-ring on the back half of the poppet valve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not cold here I live in texas. I use the lube provided...well I just switched to hatersauce the last time I played. I did disassemble it where I took off the pistol grip frame. And the next time I used it thats when this all started. Could that be a problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no was just thanking you in advance. Unfortunately I am having surgery in the morning so I wont be able to hit the field again for a few weeks. Hope we can get it figured out soon.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
alright just post back when you get back

good luck on the surgery

id try upping your dwell a few points, looking at your spring real close and see if its catching anywhere, also move the bolt back and forth in the marker, see if you can feel it catch on anything both in the marker and on the bolt guide. reset the noid per the instruction manual but i really doubt its the noid. take the grip frame back off and take a close look at the seals, make sure nothing seated funny the last time you had it off

do you think theres any way of getting a video of the marker doing it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so I set my dwell up to 33, then gassed up and headed out to the back yard went through a few hoppers of paint and nothing. I even let it set for awhile then turned it back on and shot some more. It never happened. Hopefully the dwell fixed the issue.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
ya to me it just sounds like your bolt isnt traveling forward fast enough so when the noid shuts off it hasnt cycled enough air through.

if it comes back and espeshally on a cold day id throw a drop of paintball oil on your bolt along with the lube

1 - 17 of 17 Posts