Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Explain how the US developed as an international superpowe. Include specific events that proved their strength. Show how it changed over time.

I just need you guys to fling some ideas at me if you wouldnt mind.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Wow, this is a pretty big one to tackle. Do lots of research on the post-WWII era and study it well. I don't really think I can suggest anything very specific, but I do wish you good luck. This is a very interesting topic at the very least.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Wow, this is a pretty big one to tackle. Do lots of research on the post-WWII era and study it well. I don't really think I can suggest anything very specific, but I do wish you good luck. This is a very interesting topic at the very least.

I would actually recommend going all the way back to post ww1 era and start with "big stick" politics as well as our rise and transition from the great depression era. Interesting topic indeed.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I was going to change it to WWI, but I changed my mind. WWI was the war that actually had the most impact on global politics, this is true, but much of life in the US reverted back to "normal" after the first war. After the second, however, things got a lot different.

But of course, it would probably be beneficial to do research on both periods.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Big stick diplomacy would be a good place to start.
Don't forget to mention how US was practically untouched after 2 world wars.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
I was going to change it to WWI, but I changed my mind. WWI was the war that actually had the most impact on global politics, this is true, but much of life in the US reverted back to "normal" after the first war. After the second, however, things got a lot different.

For once...we agree

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
I would actually recommend going all the way back to post ww1 era and start with "big stick" politics as well as our rise and transition from the great depression era. Interesting topic indeed.

Big stick diplomacy would be a good place to start.
Don't forget to mention how US was practically untouched after 2 world wars.
NYY got the closest. Start around the Spanish-American War.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts