Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, looking for some help with my tippman. recently sold all my stuff and pretty much quit, but i still have a 98c in my closet that i used to play with a lot. my friend just inherited a run down hospital and everyone's been playing there sooo...
the problem is the bolt goes to far forward and hits the barrel making the gun misfire. it wont shoot once because once it hits the barrel, it uncocks itself. i took it apart once and i**** myself because i had no idea what i was doing (b2k's are aparently easier.. heh) but yea just wondering if you could gimme a hadn with this, if not i'm looking to fix and sell/trade locally for a completely STOCK BLACK 98c with singltrigger and everything, this one has some ups, hit me up if u can help/are interested. thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well ok, it fires fine with the barrel out, then when i put the barrel in, and fire, you hear a loud thud w/ the stock barrel, and like an aluminum twang with the whisper. so i'm positive the bolt is hitting the barrel, i'm going to try putting the bolt in the other way though cuz that might be the problem
thx guys

·
Registered
125 Posts
if im thinking the same thing you are, the twang is just the gas going through the gun. mine does the same thing but i was told thats what they all do. if you dont know the right for the bolt to be in, is with the part that the rod thing goes is should be towards the back. hope that might help a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have an a5 with a whisper and mine makes that noise too. i think it is just the tank vibrating when the air is going through the marker. i got a cover for my tank and the noise stopped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, thanks for your input guys but i hope you come back because when i shoot, the twang IS the bolt hitting the barrel because it uncocks. and i know i have enough air because i jsut filled them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
danny519 said:
well, thanks for your input guys but i hope you come back because when i shoot, the twang IS the bolt hitting the barrel because it uncocks. and i know i have enough air because i jsut filled them.
yea i dont see how the bolt can hit the barrel. sorry. it must be a different "twang" that we are thinking of then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
k i figured it out. i took it apart and put it back together and some how it works. i think it had something to do w/ the little orange rubber thing, i had it in backwards so the bolt was ever so slightly pointed downwards so it was not entering the threading equally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts