Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was driving home earlier and i spot this little red iszuzu (sp) pick up with a f/s sign its a little beat up but nothin major just a fender and a mirror well i talk to the guy and i fin out theres 2 of em just alike except one an auto and the other a std. and they want 500 for both

ok so i asked him if there were motors in em and he said yeah

truck one
no papers
did run but the timing is off supposedly

truck 2
papers but the motor is shot

so would it be worth gettin and swaping the motors and builing another mini truck?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Isuzu's were ok trucks, for $1,000 you really can't go wrong if you can find a use for them. Even if you only get one running you still can still get $100 for the other from the junkyard, or up to $1,000 on a trade it. :)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
doomsday said:
Isuzu's were ok trucks, for $1,000 you really can't go wrong if you can find a use for them. Even if you only get one running you still can still get $100 for the other from the junkyard, or up to $1,000 on a trade it. :)
He's getting both for 500.

I'd go for it. Part out the non-titled one and swap the titled one.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
1337 said:
He's getting both for 500.
I know, that's why I said it's not bad for $1,000. Even if he can only get one running he can still part the other out and recoup some of his money.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright i am going to see if they still have em next week and i will prolly pick em up and start buildin another mini :)

and i am geting 2 trucks for a total of $500 or $250 per truck

does anybody know of any popular motor swaps that are done on these trucks besides the regular motor

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
watch out, "the engine runs alil off because the timing" is a very shady statement. Usually someone selllin a car says that because it costs nothing to set the timing, just an adjustment, so its a common lie

watch out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts