Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, So ive come across the chance to buy a brand NEW, bob long species. Since i started paintballing i always wanted one because,,, well, they look amazing!. With shipping it would come to about $440ish. Thing that worry's me is obviously, if something were to happen to it, parts will be an absolute no go to find. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of the species markers having any issues out of the box or if they were pretty solid markers. Only thing ive heard about was a tab behind the trigger being worn out or something but a guy up here in canada actually still makes them.

So if you know of anything, feel free to tell! thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive never even heard of that marker haha. You paintball vets probably know of all the types of markers id want. I like having markers you dont see every other person with at the field. The mini's, axe's, fusion fx's or G4's. I have a bob long vice and inspire bfg. Im looking for another marker to be my main or somewhat secondary marker to my vice. What types of markers are out there that are somewhat rare but reliable?.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
If you have a Vice, there's be no point in getting that Species. Vice is the same as the Protoge other than lighter, different milling, and slightly more stock options. They're the gen5 intimidator, whereas that is a gen2 I think.

Quest isn't seen too often.
Angels are getting rare.
Rogue+ is still rare.
Whatever pikkadoll became Crome is rare on this side of the atlantic

EDIT: I believe it's now called the Regency Crome that I was thinking of.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya thats true. Ive seen maybe one at my field. How are the FEP quest markers? looked into them for a bit and they seemed decent.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really ehhhh, hmmm, tempting lol. As long as a marker is pretty air efficient, shoots somewhat straight. Im a happy camper lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmm really eh?, im leaning towards that now. The ones that made the cut that im deciding over, are the Bob long Species, Dangerous Power F7 or F8, the quest, and the eclipse etha even though its not an older gun lol. They are all around 400 bux, so im trying to decide.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Etha I was completely unimpressed with. Cheap feeling to me, very poor trigger feel (although the design wasn't that bad).

DP F7 is one of my favorite stacked poppets. Wasn't a big fan of the trigger on the F8, but otherwise was a fantastic marker.

I maintain there's no point in that Species, it's simply WAY too overpriced for it's age and performance level.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had found another used one online and the guy said he is willing to let it go for 200. It looks in somewhat rough condition. I was worried about the guys brand new species, having sat around in the box for i don't even know how many years, that when aired up just explode lol. The O-rings are probably getting eaten away at from the 11 year old lube lol. Its nice to hear some one compliment a dangerous power marker. I usually only hear terrible things about them. A guy at the field i go to still has an F7 and let me try it, i was surprised at how smooth of a shooter it was for a slightly older marker and for just a.......DP marker lol.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
IMO, Fusion series is the absolute BEST FASOR design ever made. My reason for being overly critical of the FX is simply because it's priced too high. It's a GREAT marker, but it's not worth the same amount as an Etek 4 LT.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
If you want to get the older species get it. Its a sick gen 2 timmy. No its not as nice as your vice... but thats not the reason you'd buy it. I'm a huge quest fan, having bought one brand new in 2006, but I love old markers as well.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I am thinking about getting rid of all of my markers and buying one quest. It better be good since you all hype it up so much. :dodgy:

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Just get one from someone who knows how to take care of their stuff, or verify it works in person before buying it. They're really awesome markers considering they can be had in perfect working order for under $200 now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts